Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Take me away...

I found a great company with some amazing products! Calgon is something that I have only heard about, now I've tried it :D

This company has a time line! I have never been to a website that actually broke it down for you. Here's the stats:


For over 50 years, Calgon has been dedicated to creating uniquely exhilarating bath and body experiences that stimulate the senses, restore the spirit and take you on a special, fragrant journey to the place you want to be.
Calgon has always been about taking you away on your journey. But, along the way, it has taken quite a journey itself. To find out more about it, check out the timeline and trivia below.
Our History
Let the following timeline and trivia quiz take you away on a little journey through our history—in both business and pop culture.


1933
Calgon, Inc. puts Calgon water softener on the market in 1933. The water softener combines with calcium to reduce unwanted salts in water. It's name comes from Calcium Gone. Hence, Calgon.
1946
Calgon launches its first fragrant bath product.
1960s
Calgon begins advertising its bath oil beads as an essential indulgent, luxurious experience. Here are some classic commercials from that period:
“Limousine”
“Love the Skin You’re In”
“If he doesn’t feel the difference”
1970-1980s
Calgon Take Me Away” iconic TV and print advertising begins. Here are two of these iconic and beloved commercials:
“Lose Yourself in luxury”
“Let Calgon Take you away”
1989
Reckitt Benckiser acquires Calgon and changes the “Calgon, take me away” tagline. (To find out what it was changed to, check out the trivia section.)
1995
Calgon is acquired by Coty Inc. “Take Me Away” advertising resumes.
1995
Calgon launches body wash—the first significant expansion from bath products into bath and body products.
1997
Calgon becomes the #1 brand in the specialty bath category and launches bubble baths, shower gels and body lotions.
1998
Brand launches takemeaway.com website.
2000-2002
New advertising focuses on skin benefits. Calgon launches Silky Skin Shave Mousses and a new line of products targeting girls age 7-13 (For the name of this tween line of products, check out the trivia section.)
2003
Calgon adds new collections including Blossoms, Brazilian Beauty, Mmmmm and Get Juic’d.
2007
Ascendia Brands buys Calgon.
2009
Ilex acquires Calgon.
2010
The fresh new Calgon and the all-new takemeaway.com website are launched!




I was asked which product I wanted to try and I said that I would love the body cream or body mist. I recieved the body mist, I should have asked for the body cream. Fall will be here before you know it and I am going to need some body cream to keep my skin hydrated! The body mist however was light, refreshing and the perfect scent for after a shower. I absolutely LOVED the way it smelled. The actual name of the scent that I picked was: Perfect Bliss. "A clean crisp world. A fresh new inspiration." How could I not with this description?!?


This fruity floral fusion highlights top notes of pineapple, red apple and juicy mandarin. Plum and magnolia add distinction while the aroma of lily and rose and undertones of warm musk fuse the diverse elements into blissful perfection. For $4.69 (no kidding) you can feel like you went to the spa!!!!

They carry a ton of different scents and I have to say...the one that I got to try lived up to it's name!!! Smooth, creamy and the most delightful scent ever! You must try these!!! Go to:




see for yourself! I bet you wont be able to look at the site without wanting something. They have fragrance sprays, body creams, bath salts, bubble bath, shower gel, you name it! A world of beloved fragrances in vibrant new packages and exciting new forms. A world of wonderfully enhanced formulas and inspiring new products. A world which combines the joy of the familiar with the thrill of the new. Let Calgon take you away!


Let me know if you have ever tried Calgon, I was told about the company from a friend and once I went to the site I knew I had to try something. Thanks so much to the great folks at Calgon it was made possible!


See you tomorrow!!!

-Heather