Monday, July 26, 2010

SUNPOWER CAFE


Just the other day I was thinking...Why cant I just have fresh raw veggies anytime without the worries of it wilting or going bad?

Well, I found a company that has made Kale Munchies!!! I was super excited to hear back from the snazzy cafe based out of Los Angeles.

Not only were they going to be sending me a box of Kale Munchies....some raw cookies were on their way as well! I was jumping for joy that some healthy goodies were coming all the way from California, my favorite place on earth! Sunpower Cafe just made my day! It doesn't get better than raw foods from California...You know that by now! I have always boasted about The Living Tree Community in S.F. (still my favorite) and now I found a Cafe in Los Angeles that makes raw goodies too! If you are in the L.A. area (and if I am ever in the area too, I will be sure to stop in) you should go to Sunpower Cafe. If your not in the LA area currently, that's ok...


Go to SunPower Cafe at: http://www.sunpowernatural.com/


I got ahead of myself, let me explain about the fab company first!

SunPower Natural Cafe organic restaurant introduces a fresh, new outlook on food to the culinary landscape of Los Angeles. They always provide their customers with the healthiest and tastiest organic, all vegan cuisine. (Dude, you should see their menu....drool). Joseph Waller has an impressive chefing pedigree. He worked at the famed Inn of the Seventh Ray in Topanga Canyon, as well as serving as lead chef at gourmet vegetarian restaurant Fattys in Eagle Rock. With his classical gourmet training at Johnson & Wales University, we look forward to many exciting dishes from his hands.

SUNPOWER CAFE restaurant doesn't fry it, kill it, or overcook it, they just give you really tasty food that's really healthy for you!

Wanna see the two products I got?


Raw Cacao Chocolate Cookies.
$6.95
If you're looking for a chewy, yummy raw chocolate chip cookies you've found them. SunPower Cafe has made organic chocolate cookies (gluten free) use a cashew base with cacao powder and vanilla for a very rich flavor then sweetened with raw agave nectar, which is low-glycemic. AMAZING!!! This totally hit the spot. A girl needs her chocolate.
What I really liked about these cookies were that they were small but packed with flavor. I only needed one and I completely got my chocolate fix. I actually kept my package in the fridge and they were a cool sweet treat after lunch. I am going to miss them when they are gone for sure!

The other item I received was:

Kale Munchies!

$10.95
Looking for a delicious, truly healthy snack? You've found it with SunPower Cafe's Kale Munchies!

Seasoned with a mouthwatering blend of garlic, onion, tamari and spices, these crunchy morsels have a slightly sweet taste derived from agave nectar, a low-glycemic sweetener made from cactus.

Curly Kale, a member of the cabbage family, is one of the most nutrient-rich, foods available. The vitamins in kale help prevent free radical damage, which can lead to diseased cells.
A one ounce serving of these delicious Kale Munchies provides 199% of the daily requirements for Vitamin A. which helps to prevent cancer, promotes lung health and prevents cell damage. In addition, Kale also is an excellent source of fiber, Vitamins C, E and K, Manganese, and Calcium.
Ingredients: Organic kale, organic agave nectar, organic tamari, organic olive oil, organic onions, organic garlic, organic cayenne pepper, organic spices. These rocked my world!

Jeez, yet again another company that has totally blown me away! I didn't want either one of these boxes to go empty :( I also kept this box after opening in the fridge. Goodbye potato chips, hello Kale munchies! I am in awe of how good these really were. Crunchy, salty (but not in a bad way) and packed with vitamins and nutrients, just the way I like it!


I LOVED both products and the customer service was outstanding! Thank you SunPower Cafe for being the greatest and sending me some amazing raw nutritious food! My body is thanking me!

Hope you go and check them out! I think that the price is totally worth what you get and you can tell that this is food they care about. Well packaged, quick shipping and great tasting healthy food you can feel the difference. You can bet ya that I will be stopping by SunPower Cafe if I am ever in the LA area.

Go get your raw on!

-Heather