Monday, February 22, 2010

Where has this month gone?



Happy Monday Everyone!!!

I have 5 days and counting before I am in the new place. Ahhhhh! It is like Christmas or waiting to go on a vacation. I find myself lying in bed decorating my new place. Isn't that funny?

Anyway, this morning is a NORMAL post! No reviews! I just wanted to connect with you all again and let you know what and how I have been doing. Besides working and working out I have been great! I feel great and I am looking forward to Spring more than ever. Life is always better for me when the weather warms up! I am a Spring/Summer girl, for sure. I have decided that a new hairdo is in order! I am excited because I have no idea what I am going to get done to it yet but I am thinking about it a lot. What do you think? The pictures on the blog are pretty current (except the fat one!) so let me know if I should go shorter or let it be. I will not be changing the color really, I decided a long time ago that your natural color looks best! After all, it is what you were born with so work with it. Right?

This morning I woke up after a weekend of packing and more packing. I was a little sore honestly. Bending over can put a strain on your back. I decided that I should pair down my clothes before moving (one less thing to move) mostly folding clothes and hauling bags to donate to my local thrift store. After hours of packing and errands I was pooped! This morning I could feel it. I got up and stretched. A few minutes of moving around and I was back in action. When I got to work this morning I was COLD. I knew that one thing could help me warm up.... OATMEAL MADNESS.

1/2 cup of organic oats

1/2 chopped granny smith apple

2 tablespoons of dried cranberries

1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk

a dash of cinnamon and allspice

This was just what I needed. I was so thankful to be the first one here and enjoy my amazing breakfast. Of course two hours later my stomach was talking to me. Does this happen to anyone else? I always eat a big breakfast and then within a few hours I am STARVING. Oh well...I went for these when the tum started to groan at me. Karen bought me a bag of Trader Joe's "Just a handful of raw almonds" for V-day


I also had a few squares of Orange and Spice Green and Black dark chocolate and read this blog.

After a few more minutes of work work work. It was errand time for the boss and then I headed to the gym for my lunch hour workout. I killed it today! I focused on Shoulders, quads and abs. I did about 40 minutes of intervals until I just couldn't move any more. Here is what my workout looked like. I do three sets of 20 reps.

Warm up for about 5 minutes before

Sumo dead lifts with bent over rows

runners lunges

stiff leg dead lifts with rows

runners lunges

Inner thigh machine

for taps

shoulder press

blurpee's

pull ups

side kicks

stretch!!!

This is what I did and I kicked my own butt. I was dripping with sweat when I was done. Luckily I was able to have some time to cool down and get myself together before heading back to the office. I ran in the door, clocked in and changed clothes. I knew one thing...Lunch was needed!!!


Protein baby, was on my mind. I went for a super simple steamed chicken salad. It was amazing. Something that I am giving up for Lent is salt. I have gotten back into the habit of adding salt to my foods (especially my salad) and I am not going to anymore. I figure once a month of this habit and I will be back in the clear! I never use to add salt and then I got this amazing pink Himalayan sea salt and I have been hooked ever since. Special occasions will call for the pink salt but not a daily occurrence anymore. It takes some getting use to.




I ate a few more pieces of dark chocolate and then was done for the day. Work wise that is...




When I got home I went on a nice long walk with K and jumped in the shower. Hot showers after a cold walk is heaven. By the time I get out I am ready for dinner and to crawl in bed. I ate a un-pictured bowl of butternut squash soup packed with more steamed chicken (I try my best not to eat meat twice a day but it happens) and veggies. After that was consumed hot coco went on the stove and was ready by 9:00. I LOVE to put a ton of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice in my coco.


I got this package of hot cocoa mix (reviewed it here) and i must say...It rocks. I will be so very sad to see it go. It came to me all the way from Jacksonville Florida and it is so amazing. With 13 cals and only 2 carbs I can drink this cocoa with some stevia and feel like I am having the most decadent hot cocoa ever! Yummmm. It doesn't hurt that it is hot either. The weather here is COLD and this is the best thing to lull me to sleep.


Well folks!

There you have it, my day and my workout. I am so very glad that I was able to check in with you all. I hope you guys had a great weekend, let me know what you did! I want to leave you with a question...


What is your favorite clean food? I have been on a "clean" diet now for two years and it has changed my life. I have a new favorite clean food! I will not be sharing it with you though until later this week though. HA! Sorry but I am going to do a review of it and want it to be a surprise. I wanted to hear your thoughts though first. This new favorite will be on the blog and in my diet for a LONG time!


See you tomorrow ;)

-Heather