Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spring is near!


Good morning my friends! I got some much needed replies last night and I appreciate it from you all! I don't know what I would do without you guys ;)

I am so excited because I am getting some amazing products in the mail soon. Things like GREEK YOGURT (one of my favorite things in the world) and MANNA BREAD. Prepare yourself for some great reviews. I already know that I am going to LOVE these products!

I wanted to let you all know that I may be M.I.A. for a few days during the move. Don't fret though, I will be back and so much better. I haven't figured out the Internet thing just yet and I am hoping that maybe the other person in the house will want to split the Internet with me. I will see. with this all being said, don't expect a post from me more than likely Saturday-Tuesday. You already know that I don't post on the weekends so you will really only be missing two posts! That is, if I can stay away! I like to get my reviews in as soon as I try the product out! That way it is fresh in my mind as far as what I think.

This morning I started out with a HUGE cup of coffee and this for my a.m. breakfast!




I had 3 egg whites with two slices (ok, ok, ok maybe 2.5) of Alvarado's multi grain sprouted bread with the Living Tree's (my all time favorite company) Coconut, Mango, Persimmon butter and a little Pb2 on top. Sorry no picture. I ate this so quickly that it was gone before I knew it. It was amazing. What I have been doing lately is 1/2 a banana with PB2 on one slice of toast and 3 egg whites. This week it will be ONE (not two slices like today) with the CMP butter/PB2 mix on top (this is at about 9:30 am). It is to die for!

Is there anything that The Living Tree makes that isn't good? NO! I answered for you!

About an hour before the gym (12:00) I ate these. Trader Joe's makes individual packages (you know I cant be trusted with nuts of any kind) that is only 200 cals. Karen being the sweetest person in the world picked me up a bag when she was in Atlanta. This is the perfect amount. I love RAW nuts (cashews being my fav).


I went to the gym on my lunch hour as usual and focused on legs and got a great workout in today. I tell you what, there is no better feeling than being productive on your lunch break. Especially because I sit most of the day. When I get back from the workout I eat my packed lunch at my desk and I am full of energy and really feel like I wipe the slate clean. This something that I will be continuing to do for the rest of my life. With the gym being around the corner it is perfect. I get about 45 minutes of intense work done.


After cooling down and all I sat plopped down and had some lunch. I love tofu! I have to say. I am really trying to eat soy protein once a day and animal protein 2 times a day (my egg whites in the morning and then 1/2 a boneless skinless chicken breast with dinner). That is it. The rest of my calories come from fruits and veggies. This was a good lunch!


I saw these ingredients and knew that this salad was to be made for the week. I didn't know that 1/2 a block of tofu had 22 grams of protein! Go me!


It is filling and wonderful to come back to the office and have a cool lunch. I have been eating a salad for lunch for two years now and I am glad that I do. I like something light for lunch and think that it is important to get some fast digesting protein in right after working out. This was perfect.


Of course I had to have two pieces of dark chocolate after my meal. I don't know what it is but I have got to have something sweet after my meals.


I went home and went for a walk with my roomie. When I got home. I showered and sat down to a big ol bowl of butternut squash soup. I topped off this simple soup with steamed chicken (1/2 only) breast and veggies. I LOVE this dinner and honestly (hope your not tired of it yet) but have been eating this for dinner almost the whole winter. It is just that good. I use a different base but always add the seasonal veggies and chicken. The butternut squash is so far my favorite.
I plan on having some hot coco before bed and not eating anything else. I am really trying my best to cut out the snacking. Spring is just around the corner and I got a little taste of it yesterday. I want to buckle down now.
Ok, so that is my post for today! I will be in and out this week but you better believe when I come back Wed I will have some wonderful news about the move and the new products that I tried. No worries though! I will be here tomorrow!
xoxoxoxo
-Heather