Thursday, February 25, 2010

The final count down....



Hellooooooo!!!!

I am in a great mood today and I will tell ya why. I will be packin it up and movin out! I know that I sound like a broken record by now but I am so excited. It seems like I have been waiting for months for this to happen....wait! I have! Have you ever had a event, vacation or occasion that you just couldn't wait to happen? It is like Christmas for me today. I bet you I wont even be able to sleep tonight (yeah right!). I am going to be waking up super early and getting started with boxes first. I have a friend that will be letting me borrow her van for about a hour at 4:30 and I am even going to be able to move the furniture tonight!!! Since I will be moving all of my belongings up 17 stairs and will be going up and down them a million times...I figure, that will be my workout for the day.

That means my friends that Saturday morning I will be waking up in my own place! I will be making my breakfast and taking a shower in the apartment that I have been dreaming about for the last two months! Lucky me! I already know what will be on the celebration menu!!! I plan on having FRENCH TOAST! Yes, you read right. French toast is one of my very favorite things in the world but never ever make it. Usually I am in a rush and want eggs and toast. Saturday morning however, will be french toast. I cant wait! I will be using MANNA BREAD to make it so it will be the best french toast in the world! I love using agave as syrup and that is what will be topping off the toast along with fresh fruit. I know what you are thinking..."Heather, YOUR eating unhealthy french toast. That is so unlike you!" Well...I have a secret...I know how to make it HEALTHY! The best part is, it tastes amazing. Wanna know how? Well, come along.

Easy Peasy, Healthy, French Toasty:

That title is WAY too cutesy...sorry, I just had to.
I used the Banana Nut Manna Bread variety.

Ingredients:
2 large slices of bread
4 egg whites
1/4 cup of Vanilla Unsweetened Almond milk
Cinnamon, nutmeg and Allspice
2 table spoons of chopped walnuts
1/2 banana chopped
First you get a bowl and add the egg whites and almond milk together. Then you whisk together. Add the spices and chopped walnuts and whisk more. Take each slice of bread and soak each side in the mixture. Once soaked place on pre-heated pan. Cook until brown on each side. Then you place your chopped banana on top and drizzle agave on top! That is it!

I like to use egg whites instead of eggs (you save over 200 cals here) and agave instead of maple syrup (another 200 saved!). Adding the spices really kick the taste up a notch. You can add vanilla extract or any other fruit to it to really make it the french toast of your dreams. I like mine fairly simple so I just stick with the banana. I also add peanut butter sometimes and have banana and Pb french toast. So good you barely need any agave! I did however put a big dollap of Greek God's vanilla greek yogurt on top (review on the 3rd of March!). I love french toast and after I have it again, I know that it will be made again soon. That is one of the great things about my new place. The kitchen! I can go in there and make whatever I want, whenever I want and don't have to worry about what my roommates will be doing. Cooking is one of my absolute favorite things so I am going to be in heaven! Yay!

I hope you dont mind but I gotta run. I have a million things to do! I didnt know that I was going to tell you about the french toast recipe but it just came out! I like it when that sort of thing happens!

I will have a wonderful review about the bread that I mentioned earlier so please come back Monday morning. I am going to start the first day of MARCH right! I can not beleive that we are just days away from March and weeks away from Spring. Thank goodness! I am ready.

Have a wonderful weekend! I cant wait to be able to report on Tuesday that I am in and settled!

xoxoxoxox!

-Heather