Monday, February 15, 2010

A new generation.



A few days ago I got a box full of things that I NEEDED so badly. You wouldn't believe it! I got a box filled with just about everything that I need for my new place as far as cleaning supplies!!! I am so happy to report that Seventh Generation came to my rescue and sent me some amazing goodies to get me started! You had no idea SG but I am moving into my own place in a matter of days and boy did you just save me, big time. The only problem is....now I will never be able to buy just any cleaning/detergent....I am truly hooked! Let me tell you a bit about the company that saved my butt some cash! You know, you forget how the little things to get you started in a new place can really add up! I am so grateful (and you might be too if you read the whole post ;)
Here we go!

About Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation is committed to becoming the world's most trusted brand of authentic, safe, and environmentally-responsible products for a healthy home. For 20 years, the closely held Burlington, Vermont-based company has been at the forefront of a cultural change in consumer behavior and business ethics.
One of the country's first self-declared "socially responsible" companies, Seventh Generation is a business that operates according to a new and different set of principles and values that in many ways are a marked departure from those long considered "traditional." Its business practice is focused on offering people avenues to express their idealism, passion, and commitment to causes larger than themselves at every point along its supply chain—from suppliers and partners to shareholders, customers and its own staff.
The company derives its name from the Great Law of the Iroquois that states, "In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." Every time you use a Seventh Generation product you are making a difference by saving natural resources, reducing pollution, keeping toxic chemicals out of the environment and making the world a safer place for this and the next seven generations.
Educating This and Future Generations:
Seventh Generation is committed to helping consumers make informed choices.
Seventh Generation provides information in several formats: on packaging, on this Web site, in 7Gen News (look in the upper right corner on any Seventh Generation web page to sign up) and in booklets and presentations by Chief Inspired Protagonist Jeffrey Hollender, company co-founder and Executive Chairperson as well as other members of our community.
A complete line of non-toxic household products:
Seventh Generation brand-name products include: non-chlorine bleached, 100% recycled paper towels, bathroom and facial tissues, and napkins; non-toxic, phosphate-free cleaning, dish and laundry products; plastic trash bags made from recycled plastic; chlorine-free baby diapers, training pants, and baby wipes; and chlorine-free feminine care products, including organic cotton tampons.
Our donations program:
We dedicate 10% of our profits to non-profit community, environmental, health, and responsible business organizations working for positive change.

I am going to go straight down the list of products that I got and tried. 1 being hated and 10 being LOVED it. Ok, ok, ok. Get ready to see the word LOVE a lot. You knew it was coming! I love green company's and this one rocks! First up,


Free and Clear Glass Cleaner:
Cleans without streaks and uses no harsh chemicals. Excellent for effectively cleaning glass, mirrors, chrome, and other hard surfaces around your home. Truly free and clear of fragrances, dyes, and masking agents. Loved it, give it a 10. Totally did exactly what it said!

All purpose cleaner:
Effectively cleans and degreases hard surfaces both inside and outside your home. Excellent for wet mopping. Not recommended for use on wood floors. Truly free and clear of fragrances, dyes, and masking agents. Gave this product a 10! Loved it! I really liked the scent. I know that it is unscented and all but for some reason I felt like it really had a super light clean smell. It could just be me....I will always have this stocked for sure!



Natural Dish Liquid:
Our new improved formula cleans more dishes than ever, and comes in a new 25oz bottle made from 90% post-consumer recycled plastic. Everyone can pitch in on the dishes thanks to our safe, non-toxic formula. Loved it! 10, 10, 10. Didn't dry out my hands and made my dishes sparkle. Gosh, I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record but seriously, loved it!



Natural Laundry Detergent:
A unique combination of plant-derived cleaning agents and enzymes to power out even the toughest stains. Truly free and clear of fragrances, dyes and masking agents. Again, I know that it says no fragrances (even my roommate said that she could smell nothing) but I still feel like it has the best light clean smell. Loved it. 10.



100% Recycled Paper Towels:
Buying products made from recycled paper helps reduce the need for virgin wood pulp, which means more trees are left standing. These hard-working paper towels absorb spills quickly, even when wet. Our white paper towels are now available in Right-Size half-sheets, so you can match the towel with the job. I liked that it was obvious that it was recycled! I like the brown color and feel of these paper towels. They were way sturdier than I has expected for sure.

All in all, well you already know what I am going to say. I GIVE THEM A 10! I don't always rate companies and their products a 10. I don't say that I LOVE something unless I truly do. I am honest. Truth is...I am the one contacting most companies so it is hard not to love the things that I have already heard such great things about. I want you to go right now to their site and just look at all the products that they have to offer. They have an abundance of wonderful things. Even for baby!




If my review is not enough to make you skip right on over to their site I bet you this will be....
Seventh Generation is willing to give one of my readers a change to win one package of their choice!!! How sweet! If you win you can have your pick of:
LIVING HOME STARTER KIT
Glass Cleaner - Grapefruit
All-Purpose Cleaner - Green Mandarin
Toilet Bowl Cleaner - Emerald
Shower Cleaner - Green Mandarin
Tub & Tile Cleaner
Kitchen Cleaner
(2) Natural Paper Towels - 120 Count
Reusable Tote
FREE & CLEAR STARTER KIT
Free & Clear Natural Glass & Surface Cleaner
Free & Clear Natural All Purpose Cleaner
Free & Clear Natural Dish Liquid
Free & Clear Natural Laundry Detergent, 50 oz
(2) Natural Paper Towels - 120 Count
Reusable Tote
NATURAL BABY STARTER KIT
1 package of diapers/training pants - DESIGNATE SIZE….
Tub Chlorine-Free Baby Wipes
Chlorine-Free Baby Wipes Refill
Natural Baby Laundry Detergent
Reusable Tote
Ok so they are the best right??? How do you win the chance to try out some of the best cleaning products around? Well I will tell you! There are three things that you can do to earn a point. If you do all three you get three points entered in the drawing.
1. post a facebook link to my blog.
2. Link my blog on your blog
3.Go to their site and tell me which one of their products (of more if you want) that looks appealing to you!
Easy peasy! You better hurry, this contest will end on February 19th!
A special thanks to Meghan for being just the sweetest person in the world and get me started at my new place with products that I can trust. If it wasn't for Seventh Generation, who knows what my pantry would be stocked with until I could save up! You guys rock and now I am hooked!
Ok guys and gals, get to commenting, facebooking and linking. Ready. Set. Go!
-Heather