Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Died and gone to heaven...



So you all already know how I feel about The Living Tree out of California right??? Well, if you are new to the blog let me tell you about one of the most fantastic companies that sells the most fantastic products that I have ever had IN MY LIFE. Not kidding. Not at all. I have already tried out a few items and if you remember....I freaked out! Over and Over and Over about the things that I have tried from them. Jesse Schwartz is the nicest man ever! Never in all my years of blogging (since 2006 mind you!) have I gotten a direct phone call from the President of a company just wanting to chat...No reason other than to "say hello" and find out more about me! I felt honored to say the least and when he told me that he was going to send me some more goodies I freaked. If you click on one of the links above (I think the second Over) you will see that the evening I spoke with him was shall we say, not the best. I was so stressed about the health of my mother, moving and it was one of the coldest rainiest days I had been through. I was not feeling well at all and then the phone rang. After speaking with him and just knowing that some really really amazing things were coming my way I perked right up. I thought right then and there "there is abundance!" It is so funny to me because the day that I got the package was not exactly one of the best days of my life either. I was feeling d0wn. I felt drained and honestly when I pulled up into my driveway I felt like I could barely make it in the house. I did though and when I arrived. I was surprised!!! I got a box with some things that would knock my socks off. Literally!

I did just that. I came in opened the box (gasped) and went straight to my room, changed into my pj's and decided that my day was done. No running around, no exercise, no more work. I wanted to play with my new products! I knew what I was going to try first. You know I LOVE chocolate so this was a no brainer.







Dream of Paradise:

By combining raw cacao with lavender flowers, mint leaves, honey, agave nectar, Living Tree Alive Olive Oil, sun dried raisins, nutmeg, cardamon and cayenne we have brought you a uniquely sophisticated taste.The Macao is for energy and the dash of Royal Himalayan Pink Crystal salt gives it a clean finish. I put it to the test!!! For real! How in the world could I not try out a product that said "Dream of Paradise"on it first??? I mean, really? I saw this and knew that I had to replicate, with the Paradise Dreams! 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup ff cottage cheese, 1/2 a banana, cinnamon, flax, pecans & and the most amazing chocolate spread ever!!! It was paradise in a dreamy state.





I didn't stop there, no way.


I put it on some whole wheat fresh baked bread just like another blogger as well. You know...you gotta try this spread on different textures right? Yeah, that is what I was telling myself. The truth was, I couldn't stop eating the stuff. I put this little piece in the oven to warm it up a bit. It was divine!

Needless to say...Once I start with chocolate...why stop? I immediately saw them when I opened the box but I honestly wanted to see what was in the jars I got! Pitty me now...After indulging in the Paradise Dreams spread I had to stop for a little while...Chocolate covered things was my dinner and when 8:00 p.m. rolled around I wanted more... It was a little weird. Usually when I have a bite of what I crave it goes away. These products are addicting, be warned. Anyway, I pranced to the kitchen and grabbed one of the truffles out of the fridge (I saw that you should keep them cold for them to keep their life!) When I pulled it out I thought..."these are HUGE truffles!!!" I was going to just dig in but because of the paradise fest I had earlier I thought "Ill have a half of one." I cut it in half and off I went back to my room to nibble at the truffle while on the computer. While walking to my bedroom I already couldn't contain myself and started eating it. It kind of crumbled in my hand as I but into it so I basically had to pop almost the whole half in my mouth. I started to chew it and realized..."This is no ordinary chocolate." It tasted like nothing I have ever had. It was bold. It was not overly sweet. It was well, freakishly amazing. I was actually on the phone when I decided to go for the truffle and by the time I got back to my room and swallowed the truffle....my head was spinning. Seriously, I got this BURST of energy, my cheeks turned red and I was talking like crazy. My friend was like "are you on something??? You are wired..." I said "Ummm, I ate this Maca filled chocolate spread earlier and just had this 100% cocao truffle from California..." Silence on the other end...Then he said, wow...Maca gives you a ton of energy and 100% cocao is amazing for all sorts of things including energy too. I got up and walked (hazy and flushed) to the fridge to get the package out and read it. This is a bit about the truffles.

They began with their black sesame tahini. They introduced it in 2003 at the Natural Products Expo in Anaheim,California.(Others have attempted to copy it. Let them try!) they then added 100% raw cacao, carob, vanilla, mesquite, lucuma, sun-dried Medjool dates, sun-dried raisins, cacao butter and alive honey. They have also added maca for energy. Most raw chocolates out there use sugar in one form or another. I’m glad to say that instead of sugar they use honey. Alive honey has powerful antibacterial properties and is even effective against antibiotic resistant bacteria. It is a complex substance containing over 800 compounds, little understood by conventional science. They hand-craft these alive chocolate halvah truffles in Berkeley, California. It is a wellspring of the human spirit. It has a rich tradition of Americans who have dared to stand up and speak their truth. It is a center of original and creative thinking, over 21 Nobel Prize winners have taught here.For best flavor, please keep refrigerated.
Ok, so I kid you not....I got high off of this food. It made me energized and felt like I was floating! I have yet to eat something from this company that didnt make me feel amazing right away.
I should be more careful next time gulping down seriously fine crafted alive foods. Tisk, tisk. This is not to scare you....This is to make you go to the site right now and ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM. You can profusely thank me later ;)

Needless to say, I was done for the night. A few days later I was itching to get this jar open and try it out. I now am savoring every single bite of all the foods from now on. Sorry, but a girl has gotta learn some how!


All the ingredients came together for your happiness: alive pistachios grown by family farmers in the rich, alluvial soil of California's great Central Valley, sun-dried black olives and sun-dried tomatoes, sesame, aromatic spices and herbs and sea salt, all blended with Living Tree Alive Olive Oil- unfiltered, unheated, UNPRESSED.
Serve on freshly, crunchy vegetables or crackers. Mix one TBS per serving with your favorite pasta, alive soup or finely shredded zucchini or carrots. Go ahead--surprise, delight, and nourish yourself!
We are delighted to bring to you this, our newest and original creation.
The pistachio is the most nutrient dense of all the nuts, containing high quantities of B essential nutrients, thiamine, vitamin B6, potassium, and lutein, an antioxidant for eye health. The pistachio is an anti-oxident powerhouse, containing more cholesterol-lowering phytosterols than any other nut (and more than a cup of green tea!). Pistachios are also among those nuts with the highest fiber--supplying 12% of the daily recommended amount in just one ounce--which aids digestion and management of blood sugar levels. In addition to all these benefits, the pistachio is a low fat and low calorie food compared to other nuts, containing just 3 calories each--and you won't be able to eat too many since each one must be shelled.

I was going to make pasta but I wanted to make a little appetizer for some friends and share this love. After all, I am out to spread the word of The Living Tree Community here in GA myself if I have to. When I love and believe in something, just go ahead and call me crazy.

One by one, I called my friends over to watch a movie. While watching, we ate these! I did have other snacks but who cares! These were in the spot light! I mixed the pesto with some goat cheese and wow they were amazing. Honestly, I wish I would have never even messed with the stuff. I will not next time. It needs nothing at all. In fact, I am glad that I had my friends over because this jar would have been half gone. I know that I would have just dug in with a spoon! I can not wait to have it with whole wheat pasta!!!

Oh wait....I DID!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!~!

How could I not? I love this shot because you get to see all the little pieces of nuts and how wonderful this pesto truly is alone, this is a great representation of as close to the "real thing" as possible.Of course you would have to actually be at my house (or go to the site to try it yoruself) to get the whole experience. I added absolutely nothing to it and it was p.e.r.f.e.c.t. I can not believe that a little jar is packed with so much flavor. I can have a simple whole wheat pasta or bread and turn it into a fancy Italian fest!

Do I even need to rate this company? Do I?
Well if you insist....10! If I could, I would sell their products door to door (don't worry, I already have a appointment with our Co Op here in Athens to get these products in the store a.s.a.p!). If you want some ALIVE, organic, vegan products that are so good for you and made with so much love that you can FEEL. Go to the site now. Once again!



Mr.Schwartz, thank you again for completely blowing my mind! I am sharing them with the folks here in Georgia! I am spreading the word! You should be proud of what you are doing. I am!

Hope you all return tomorrow to read more. You know that I will be talking more about The Living Tree in my upcoming posts. I have some recipes that I am dying to try out with the Paradise Dreams!

See ya!
-Heather