Monday, November 9, 2009

Another start to another week.

This week will be a quick one with a holiday smack in the middle, something tells me I should be able to manage.

I have some GREAT reviews for you this week AND some GREAT eats. What am I waiting for? Let's dig in!

This morning was just like any other Monday...I was scrambling to get out the door and to work on time. I don't know what it is about Mondays, I am always frazed. After getting to work and getting my computer up and running I headed for the coffee pot. Yes, I know that I am trying to cut the coffee down, if not out of my life but Mondays call for coffee, period.


1 stevia packet and some unsweetened almond milk. Oh so good! I paired it with this for breakfast.


Times this by 2....and a side of egg whites (about 2). I would show you the small bowl of egg whites that I ate but they don't photograph well :P

After breakfast I worked like a mad women for two hours and then headed over to the gym. My knee is bothering me today so I am focusing on my arms and abs today. I don't want to push it and be out of commission for the rest of the week. So no lower body for me today. After 50 minutes of lifting weights I came back to the office for this!


What's that chopped up in my salad you ask? Well, I got a surprise from the people at Quorn! I was delighted to see a new product to try from them. As you already know I am a fan of all of their products so I couldn't wait to try this new "burger" out for my lunches this week. I decided that I would go with a "Turkey" burger salad. I have one thing to say about these. LOVE AT FIRST BITE!
Calories
90
Protein
10g
Carbohydrate
6g
Fat
4.0g

Go there for the best foe meat products that are on the market. In my opinion I think that they are fantastic! Everything about these burgers are perfect for me. High protein, low carbs and calories and you have yourself the perfect base for a great meal. This burger really kept me full for a long time.


Quorn™ is the brand name of a premium line of all-natural, meat-free frozen foods. The Quorn brand has been sold in the UK since 1985, and since that time has become the #1 retail brand of meat-free foods in the world! And since its US launch in 2002, Quorn products have become the best-selling frozen meat-free brand in natural food stores*! Quorn products deliver great taste, fantastic quality and a wide variety of items to meet the demands of on-the-go lifestyles. You can depend on Quorn products to always be meat-free and soy-free. There are believed to be over 600,000 varieties of fungi in the world, some of which are the most sought after foods like varieties of mushrooms, truffles and morels. The principal ingredient in all Quorn products is mycoprotein (“myco” is Greek for “fungi”). The mycoprotein comes from Fusarium venenatum, which was originally discovered growing in a field in Buckinghamshire, England. In the late 1960s, initial product development began, soon recognizing mycoprotein’s potential as an efficient and nutritious protein source. Try Quorn products for yourself – it might just surprise you…

I have to say that so far this is my all time favorite. I do love the chicken patties with a passion but these are really great. I am going to make a sandwich with it tomorrow and boy is it going to be great. A+ from me!!!

After lunch I continued to work and about two hours later it was snack time for me again.

One raw bell pepper and a hand full of almonds. Probably the most random snack I have had in a while, I will admit though that I did like it!

I was almost done for the day when of course things came out of the wood work. I managed to get done with work right on time and off I ran. I wanted to get out of there desperately today. One more day and I have off! This is going to be a great break in the middle of the week for me.

When I got home I went for a lovely walk. I came back to the house and stretched. After about a hour of stretching and yoga I decided that dinner needed to be had. So I went into the kitchen for my newest soup! I am addicted to soup people. I am sure that you will all get sick of seeing it on my plate but I have to say. The way that I make soup is a MEAL and it is good. This evening's soup is creamy potato!

Creamy potato soup with chopped chicken, roasted veggies, chives and topped with cheese. This was a THICK soup that filled me up big time. I had a couple pieces of dark chocolate and that was that. A cup of hot tea was all that I had at the end of the night.
This is my review and my food for my week. I have to say, it is a another goo one! Yummo!
-Heather