Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So much better!




Listening to your body sometimes is the best gift that you can give yourself. Last night I had a after work function to go to. It was raining and cold. I decided no more exercise for me...instead a glass of nice wine and some great food was in place. I got there in perfect timing and really had a blast. I am so glad that I decided this because this morning I hoped outta bed and was feeling great! Today is clear and should be a gorgeous day. I am going to enjoy it because it is suppose to be raining for the rest of the week. In the mornings as I am walking out of the house I try my best to stick something, anything in my mouth. I think that it is important to eat something as soon as possible when you wake to go ahead and get things moving! This morning I ate half of my amazing grass protein bar.


I think that I like this bar even more because everything about this bar is better than the others. Lower calories, higher protein and even the carbs are lower. I am so glad that they sent me one to try out. Go to their site! http://www.amazinggrass.com/ you dont have to take my word for it, check out their products. TRULY AMAZING!


This morning my breakfast is a little different.


BOB'S REDMILL GLUTEN FREE BREAKIE:


They had samples at the Co Op this week of the Gluten Free breakfast so I went for it this morning. I have to say that I was very pleased. It is a cross between oat bran and grits! In the mix this morning:


-1/3 cup of Bob's Breakfast


-a hand full of thick rolled oats


-1/2 cup of mixed organic berries


-.25 of a banana


-1/2 cup pf organic pumpkin puree


-1/4 cup of almond milk


-2 egg whites


-2 tbl spoons PB2


-Salba


and


-1 stevia pack




This all mixed together and popped in the microwave. I ended up with a divine breakfast!


Two hours later and right before my 50 minute weight lifting freak out I ate these. x3





Karen, my roommate, best friend, sex in the city partner and walking buddy bought me some goodies from Trader Joe's. We don't have one in Athens so she was a saint and got me a few things. Two of which will be appearing here! To start, these individually wrapped raw almonds. You know that I cant be trusted with nuts of any sort. This is my saving grace! These allow me to have what I want BUT CONTROLLED. For once, I am handing over the control to someone else! Mr.Joe, take control anytime ;)




These held me over until the workout was done. A random piece (or two) of dark chocolate may or may not have made a appearance with these yummy almonds. :)




When I got back from the YMCA it was time for lunch, my stomach was SCREAMING at me today. This was had:




A mixed veggie salad and a Arnold Sandwich Thin I also had a whole can of light tuna in water. It was goooood! I also had a chopped raw bell pepper dipped in mustard. As you can see....There was multiple cups of coffee on my plate today. Sorry! I have a bad habit on my hands people. It is getting to be unstoppable.


When I got home I decided that I needed a little bite of something to get me through my walk. It is so nice today that I wanted to go for a nice 45 minute walk. It was lovely. Before that though I ate some un pictured tofu and veggies. When I got home, I showered changed clothes and decided that dinner needed to be had....

Oh yeah!
Check it out! I got some Low Sodium Butternut Squash Soup from Karen and I add some really hardy things to it to make it a REAL dinner. I am sorry but the soup itself is just not enough! I think that they want you to add things to it anyway to make it a meal. I added some lentils, onions, beans and spinach to the mix. I also put in some PB2 and siracha to make it a spicy peanut buttery squash soup. HOLY YUM!


This was dinner and I was SO incredibly happy with it. Hot, hardy and handy! It is the easiest winter meal EVER! This will be making another appearance, and soon!


Hot tea was had later just to keep my belly happy and I passed out as usual early. That is just what happens when it gets darker sooner. I am ok with this but only for a few months. I want SPRING back...I may be getting a head of myself though. After all, Winter hasn't even started.


Well, chickens! It is that time. Time for me to get to WORK! I will see ya tomorrow peeps!


See ya!

-Heather