Thursday, October 29, 2009

This week and this month is almost over.


I know that you may have already herd this from me but can you believe that this month is already over? I mean seriously....Where did it go? I would like to just recap what a wonderful month that October truly is. There are things about October that no other month have. October is the month when (In Georgia anyway) we get a peak of what winter will be like. A few cooler days in there along with the days starting to get shorter.
That is one thing that I dont like the most about Fall/Winter, the days are shorter and I get lazy. I tend to just want to crawl into bed when it gets dark. The sunsets and sunrises are amazing though. I absolutely love it when it is about a hour before sunset. Everything seems so much clearer and I feel like I can just see better. Some other things that are wonderful about October are the fairs. I did it once again...I didn't get a chance to make it out to one but I know what it is like...One of my favorite things to do in October is the corn maze here in Athens.

I love the corn maze in Georgia. I have really been fortunate to be able to go to quite a few over the years and it is always so much fun. Running around in the dark with a flashlight and not knowing where your going until you get there is my kind of fun! This years is the best yet! October also has some pretty amazing foods that come out. Almost everything has pumpkin in it!


All in all a very orange month....I LOVE anything that is festive. I have to say. I thought of more ways to cook pumpkin than I ever thought was possible! I am going to keep pumpkin around for a while longer I think ;)


Lets not forget though what October is really about though...

I LOVE Halloween and Halloween parties! They make me smile. I love watching the kids get dressed up and I have to admit....I love:


I never manage to get through a season without some Halloween candy action....It is my downfall. I buy the candy as close to Halloween night as possible but it never fails....the bags gets opened and a few pieces are bound to be missing! A few pieces of Halloween candy never hurt anyone.


This morning I kept with the October theme. I went for a fall breakfast!

I could eat this bowl of oats for breakfast, lunch and dinner! This one was the best yet! It was a pumpkin, berry infused yummy bowl. I decided that I am going to trade in my oats for some toast for the next few weeks to see if it holds me over longer. Just a experiment that I am going to try. So today and tomorrow's oats will be the last two bowls of the month! Today I am going to walk with my Fav Shelly for a hour and then head back to finish up my day. I am having the same eats for the rest of the day as yesterday. I have a great review for you all to read tomorrow so please stay tuned!

We are that much closer to Friday!!! Let's keep positive and our eye's on the prize!

-Heather