Wednesday, October 21, 2009

In the middle.

Wednesdays....here we are again in the middle of the week. I like Wednesday because that means two more days of the work week but it still allows me enough time to get things done. I am here again, in the middle and feeling just fine about getting all my things done. I am thinking that this could be a great weekend...Why? Because I have nothing planned!
This morning flew by. I mean REALLY flew by. I once again. Indulged (well it feels like it anyway).
I made a slammin bowl of pumpkin oatmeal. WOW! Every morning (well, the last week anyway) I think to myself "It's just oatmeal, it is nothing special..." Well, my friends. It IS something special and I swear I am amazed every single morning at how much I love this stuff. If I could I would more than likely eat it at every meal. I need my veggies though :)
Yesterday a lovely package came in the mail. It was a surprise! I had no idea what was in it. So I opened it quickly and boy was I glad that I did.
The folks at Frontier Soup's sent me some Wheat Berry Chili Mix, Tortilla Soup, Corn Chowder Mix and Oatmeal Mix yesterday! With the nights growing cooler and cooler I knew just what was going to be for dinner last night. No problem! It was this package of tortilla soup mix that went into my belly at around 7:00 p.m.! Lets get closer shall we?
Check out all the goodness in this package. Packed with dried beans, corn, tomatoes and a spicy (not too spicy though) mix that made the most wonderful soup. This is the final product!

Tortilla Soup Mix Ingredients:
Black beans, corn, red and green peppers, onions, garlic, epazote and chili spices. No added salt, preservatives or MSG.
Allergen Information: Gluten-Free
Recipe Additions:
6 cups chicken broth1 cup water 2 whole, boneless, fresh chicken breasts, cut up into small pieces or shredded leftover cooked chicken8 ounces salsa4 ounces tortilla chips, crumbled (a thicker chip works best) or 4 to 6 fresh tortillas, cut into strips and fried quickly
Tortilla Soup Recipe Directions:
In a 3 or 4 quart pot bring broth and water to a boil, add tortilla soup mix and chicken. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Add salsa and simmer, covered, 10 minutes more. Crumble chips into bowls, pour hot soup on top and serve.
Inventive Soup Recipe Variations:
This tortilla soup is so good it may call for a party. With your pot of soup, small bowls filled with optional garnishes of chopped fresh cilantro, diced fresh avocado or thin slices of fresh lime make a festive presentation! If you prefer, try shrimp as an addition instead of chicken for a delicious Mexican menu.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1/5 Cup (17g) Dry MixPrepared Serving Size: About 1 CupServing Per Container: About 8

Amount per Serving
Mix
Prepared
Calories
160
Now you cant go wrong with this. I decided at the last minute to add a grilled chicken breast to mine and it was simply DIVINE! It totally filled me up and most importantly. It WARMED me up! I will be reviewing the other soups (and oatmeal) as I try them so keep reading!
If you would like to try one of their soups yourself PLEASE go to their site....You wont be sorry that you did!
There you have it. Soups for the day! I love me a gooooood cup of hot soup. Thanks Frontier, you guys know what you are doing. Two thumbs up from me ;)
My eats today are very much like yesterday so I wont bore you with the same photos. My workouts today will be weight lifting for an hour and then yoga tonight. Nothing too big. After all it is only Wednesday and I still have two more days before a rest. Boy am I looking forward to it.
See you all tomorrow!
-Heather