Thursday, October 22, 2009

I want to blog for a living...


I have a dream. My dream is to blog as my job. How great would that be? I would love more than anything than to review products, travel and blog for a company. I have so much to talk about...I mean it would be endless. I could talk about how to eat healthy on the road, my experiences while traveling, how to squeeze in a workout anywhere and of course my pictures would tell the story. I would love to just have my laptop and camera and go! How would I start? How would I go about trying to find something that would be a good fit? Well my people, I am going to give it a try. I am going to put myself out there and see what happens. This is going to take some major positive thinking, visualization and work. I am willing to put forth the effort though. For sure.


On to breakfast. I know, I know, I know....Every morning (for the last week or so anyway) it has been the same thing. I hope you are not getting tired of it just yet but just so you know. THIS morning started out a little different but had a turn a round in it.


This morning while sipping my coffee I herd from across the office "they have breakfast upstairs! Biscuits, grits, bacon, eggs and sausage." I hoped up out of my chair and for some reason wanted to join my co workers upstairs to take a peak. I thought I was just going to go upstairs to make make some hot green tea, look at the food and then head back down to the first floor. Well, that SORTA happened. I did make the tea but I ended up with this in hand.

A sausage patty that smelled REALLY good. I got a napkin and grabbed one. I thought to myself "what are you doing??? You dont really like real sausage, you would rather gimmie lean." But for some reason my nose was saying "YOU WANT ME!!!" I got downstairs with my sausage and by the time it too me to get to my desk (which was a minute if that by the way.) My napkin looked like this.

By this point my mind kicked into high gear and said "Heather, look at that grease....you have amazing oatmeal in the cabinet just waiting for you." I did something I am pretty proud of. I threw away the sausage (sorry for wasting but I doubt anyone wanted it). I got up and headed for the kitchen. Instead of that ickiness up above I had this. My love. Pumpkin oats and a BIG spoonful of all natural crunchy PB. It doesn't get better than this and I have to say, sausage...you got nothin on this lady!


A few hours later I was ready for another snack. I am walking for a hour on lunch today for my lunch break so I wanted a little more fuel to get through it. Here lies something that looks so bad but is so goood, for you too!



Chocolate Fage. It is so easy but so good. All that I did was mix in a table spoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and some stevia and BAM! You have yer self there a chocolate pudding. Good for you and will get that chocolate craving under control (for a little while anyway).


After my walk I was ready for lunch and so I dug in to the Arnold Sandwich thins again. These little guys are wonderful. Next time though I am getting the ones that dont have enriched flour in them though. That was a Ooooppps on my part.

This was a wonderful lunch. I tore up a Boca burger on top of my salad and managed to get that "sausage fix" that I needed this morning. See...There are ways.


I also ate a whole raw bell pepper dipped in spicy mustard and I also had some un pictured raw cashews and peanut in the shell. Today is a hungry day... Dove dark chocolate may have made a small appearance as well....

Today is my 4 miler. I am going to run today 4 miles and then call it quits. I plan to do this during the lunch hour that I am given. I am not in the mood today, I must admit. I am not really looking forward to running. I purchased two things to get me ready for my running experience this winter. I have never been a runner and I have no idea what the heck I am doing. All I know is that I am trying.


I bought this pair of shoes yesterday and hopefully will be getting them in the mail very soon.

Nike Air Max Moto+ 6 (Narrow) Women's Running Shoe
I have never purchased a "narrow" shoe. I have no idea if this is going to be a good fit for me. I realize that you only have one pair of feet...you better take care of them. I have been running 4-5 miles three to four days a week now...It is time for some proper running shoes. These should be good for the middle (arch) area, that is where my feet KILL me. I also purchased this.


I know what you are thinking "what?!?" I am a baby when it comes to winter and I just dont think that I will want to go for my walks and runs in the cold weather. This I THINK will help me. I am a weirdo...I know.


With that being said at least I am trying! I am trying to take care of my feet and when it gets cold at least I will want to go outside. I will be looking like a freak but at least I will be warm ;)




After coming home and going for a walk I wanted this! Baked Chicken salad. You know that after this I doused it with hot sauce, it is just the way I roll.


I did some laundry, checked my FB account and made some phone calls and then it was time for bedtime.....Ahhhhh, tomorrow is FRIDAY and boy I cant wait!


See you tomorrow for my "get ready for the weekend" post!


-Heather