Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Roommates are not fun sometimes.


I am 28 years old. I have a career and I am pretty low key. I am quite, go to bed early and I am super clean. In my mind I am a pretty darn good housemate. I have four more months of this current living situation and I can say one thing....I am never going back to roommate world. I am going to take the next four months and save as much as I possibly can so that I can move into my own place. For some reason my roommates love to party during the week. Last night (Monday none the less) was no exception. At around 2 a.m. both of my roommates came home and not just the two of them, instead they invited the band that they went to go see at a club to come home with them. With about 10 people partying in my house while I am trying to get some sleep it was impossible to get back to sleep after hearing constant walking around, doors slamming and laughing. I am not in the best mood this morning needless to say. I have never complained in a post nor do I usually get too personal on here. Most of the time I am in a great mood and I stick to diet and exercise. What do you do though when your living situation effects your mood, rest and routine. I am so tired this morning I feel like eating things that are not so healthy, exercising is not on the top of my list and I am not my chipper self which will be effecting my job today. I feel like I am over the early twenties of partying and staying up until the sun rises. What do you do when the people that you live with are not though? I hate to be the party pooper but I do have a real job and a real routine. My roommates dont. Young, free and careless, they are. They have no respect for me, if they did there is no way they would continue to keep me awake until almost 5 a.m. when I have to be awake at 7:00. Anyway, I am glad that you allowed me to get this off my chest. So sorry to complain but for the next four months I just may have to suck this one up.

So this morning I wanted something that would make me feel a bit better. I went for the Fall treat that I have so enjoyed the last few days. Wow! If this doesn't look like Fall I have no idea what does. This is one of the best breakfasts that I have ever had and you better believe that I was smiling the whole time. See...Life can be turned around by a yummy, warm, colorful bowl of oats!

A few hours later I was ready for a little mixture that I made up last night. Fage 0% with unsweetened cocoa, chia and stevia. It is my version of chocolate pudding. So goooood! This is the pre-work out snack that I needed. Today I plan on walking for 55 minutes at a really good pace. When I get back I will have another great eat and something that I have yet to try....

I have seen these all over blog world and never was able to find these at the grocery store. I FINALLY found it last night. In fact....It found me. I went to the store last night to get some hot tea and I ran into a friend of mine. We were standing there talking and all of a sudden the Arnold Sandwich Thins were staring at me behind her. I lost all my concentration and blurted out "So sorry, but I have to get some of these things." She turned around and said "Hey, I was looking for these too!" I grabbed the wheat and finished our conversation. I am so excited to have my burger on this today. This boca burger has some mixed greens, avocado, mustard and thin slices of zucchini. I toasted the bun and it was perfection. I also had a un pictured side of sliced bell pepper that was pleasantly dipped into mustard. Yum!

After work, I plan on going to the gym and getting some of this frustration out! I plan on going there and running for 4 miles. I also will be training a friend of mine with some weight so that will be a added bonus for me! I love it when that happens. Before though I will be going home to change, bunt heads with my roommates and then eat this.

This is one of my favorite combo's! I love love love my PB2 almost more than my pumpkin oats :)

I plan on running 4 miles at the gym that usually takes me about 42 minutes. Is that good? I am new to running and I just dont know if this is a good time or not. Please let me know if it is.


Dinner tonight is going to be good to go!

Steamed chicken and veggies galore. I doust this with siracha!

After I get home I am suppose to go to a pot luck but instead I am going to opt to stay in and eat the food that I have prepared for this week. I dont want the temptation of other food around me and I want to stay on this clean diet if at all possible this week. No alcohol for me this week either. So anyway, I am going to shower, relax and HOPEFULLY get some rest tonight. I am hoping that my roommates apologize to me today at some point. I hope that you all have a WONDERFUL day. The sun is shining and it is gorgeous out today.


See you tomorrow!

-Heather