Friday, October 23, 2009

Rabbits!


Goooooood Morning! Man oh man am I glad that it is FRIDAY! I am so glad that today is the "last" day of the week for me. Something that is already different about this morning is I got to try something new....I will get to that in a minute though. Lets talk more about Fridays. This morning I was at my desk getting ready for the last work day of the week and I thought to myself. "Friday? Where does your name come from?" Well the English like to call it POETS day is a term used by workers in England and Australia, to jocularly refer to Friday as the last day of the work week. The letters in "POETS" are an acronym for "Punch Out Early Tomorrow's Saturday": hence Friday becomes a Poet's day. Just thought you would like to know. Sometimes I like to start out the day with learning something new.


POETS DAY is a term used by workers in England and Australia, to jocularly refer to Friday as the last day of the work week. The letters in "POETS" are an acronym for "Piss Off Early Tomorrow's Saturday": hence Friday becomes a Poet's day.

This morning I had a pre breakfast. I am not sure if you know this about me but I could eat breakfast foods for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. I love breakfast I guess....Anyway, this morning I kinda had two.


The first breakfast to join me on this wonderful Friday was this:






KIDDING!!!



More like this:


YES! Something different and something I enjoyed for a pre-breakfast. This morning I grabbed one of these for the first time. I got a package in the mail yesterday and I was so excited to see these. I have been reading a lot about these in the blog world for a while now. This morning though when I got the bar out of the fridge (by the way they are SO good cold) I wondered....why call them 18Rabbits? Well I wanted to find out so I went to their website and this is what I found out:


How did it all start?


It all started down a gravel road in Farmers Branch, Texas in the kitchen of Two Lost Valley Lane. I liked to play outside with my four brothers and sisters and our rabbit, Blackjack, while Mom watched from the kitchen where she made her special granola.
On days Mom made granola, the aroma of oats, coconut, honey and nuts wafted through the house and out the windows, and we’d all leave off playing and head inside. One day we ran off and forgot Blackjack, leaving him to a rabbit rendezvous. Soon he had a family of 18, and our yard was hopping with more rabbits than we knew what to do with!
I created my own recipe for 18 Rabbits granola because I like for people to feel good—the kind of good that comes from enjoying the most delicious, most nutritious food. Like the way your favorite childhood memory gives you a spring in your step, wherever it comes to you—even as you head down a busy city street far away from where you grew up. Eat some and see where it takes you.-Alison Bailey Vercruysse, Founder


I loved reading this. That these bars come from a real vision! Bright and early I grabbed the bar and a cup of the darkest coffee I could find. A sumptuous granola bar, Cheeky Cherry Chocolate enhances the mood, but not the belly. Reach for this bar to satisfy that sweet tooth or craving for chocolate after a savory meal, on a long airplane ride or during a road trip.I gotta be honest here for a minute....These bars would be good just about anywhere any time. I LOVED this bar. I loved the chunks of almonds and granola in it, I loved the sweetness but not overly sweetness of the bar, I love the bright packaging and the name. Something else that I noticed and LOVED was that it comes from my favorite place on Earth. San Francisco!!! I bit into this bar with my coffee this morning and it was perfect!

Showed up yesterday and I am not kidding, these things just may be in my life forever. I love 18Rabbits.



Product Mission: To share the value and health of pure food. Our passion is to remind our customers of the joythat handmade food and a sense of community brings to life.
Company Mission: We believe in a holistic and transparent approach to business where profiting positively impacts all of our stakeholders including our employees, the community, the environment and our customers.
Social Mission: To continue supporting local farmers and artisans in the Bay Area while spreading the values of sustainable agriculture throughout the world. We also cultivate foods that are inherent to global cultures and have been grown through tradition and ancient wisdom.



18Rabbits sells more than just these bars they sell Granola (which I want to try more than anything) too. Go to their site and check it out for yourself. You wont be sorry that you did.




I cant wait to try the other flavors. I totally give this company two thumbs up! You get four stars from me. Thanks so very much to be so kind to send me a few. I absolutely love them.


Something tells me they are going to be awesome.


After my pre-breakfast I wanted to get down to business about two hours later. This had to be had.


Pumpkin oat bran in my favorite oat mug with flax seeds and raw almonds. MMMMMMM. I also drank that HUGE glass of water. It was filling and just what I needed for my walk. Today is Friday which means a lot of things to me. Walking and no crazy exercise, going out and staying up past my bedtime and happy hour! I am siked! This 60 minute walk today is going to be intense. After all I am walking with Shelly today and she is puts the S in speed walking! I am excited to get outside and sweat a little.




After my walk I am coming back to the office for this!




Big Ole Salad from Earth Fare that I picked up while out. This is going to hold me over big time. I also drank half of a Gingerade Kombucha, something else I heart.



After work today I am meeting a lovely co worker of mine to have a happy hour drink before I make my way home. I plan on having a glass of champagne. Gosh I have been craving a glass for a few days now. i never liked it before but I just love how light and bubbly it is. Tonight I am going out to dinner but I dont know where just yet. I will have to fill you in later. I am sure though that you are getting the theme of my post today though, all my food/drinks will be great! It Friday....Why not?


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend I will see you on Monday with more reviews and a re cap of the weekend as usual.


Peace!

-Heather