Tuesday, September 29, 2009

yoga and are like peanut butter and jelly!





Yesterday, I got home and found this at my door!






JADE HOLDS As Jade is made with open cell, natural rubber, you can say goodbye to slipping on your practice mat - even if it gets wet with perspiration. Natural rubber has long been used where safety demands non-slip performance. Jade takes advantage of the non-slip properties of natural rubber- resulting in the best slip-resistance on the market. Try it - we’re sure you’ll agree.
JADE PERFORMS In addition to providing better slip-resistance, because it is made of natural rubber, Jade has exceptional resilience, unmatched “compression set” resistance and incomparable cushioning. These characteristics guarantee you the ideal mat for those looking for maximum comfort and performance.Jade can be hand washed with mild soap and warm water; hang or lay flat to dry (out of direct sunlight).
JADE is GREEN Jade is constructed of natural rubber, a renewable resource tapped from rubber trees - containing no PVC or ozone depleting substances. Perfect for the yogi concerned about the earth and is made in the USA in compliance with all U.S. environmental and labor laws and through its partnership with Trees for the Future, JadeYoga plants a tree for every mat sold.


I WAS SO EXCITED!!! Why? Because I was going to a yoga class in less than a hour and I would have my very own mat to bring and try out. Yes, I am one of those...I love yoga but never got around to getting a mat. Now I have what I feel is the BEST mat ever! I loved the color that they sent me and I LOVED how I didnt slip around at all on the mat. This mat was made for enderance and I think that it is the best in it's class. Here are some more facts about Jade!

What are Jade mats made of?
Jade mats are made with natural rubber and contain no PVC or other synthetic rubbers. Natural rubber is tapped, like maple syrup, from a rubber tree, a sustainable, renewable resource. We use natural rubber because it grips better and has more cushion than any of the synthetic rubbers on the market (PVC, PER, TPE, EVA). It is also better for the earth as it is made sustainably. In addition to natural rubber, our mats contain both natural and man-made components. The precise components of our mats are proprietary (the last thing we want is someone knocking off our mats overseas); Jade mats contain no PVCs, heavy metals or ozone depleting substances. All components are approved by FDA for use in rubber in continuous content with food.
Is there latex in Jade mats?
Although Jade mats are 99% latex free, as they from a rubber tree, there may be trace amounts of latex proteins in the mats so we recommend persons with latex allergies avoid contact with our mats.
Where are Jade mats made?
Jade mats are made in the United States in compliance with all US environmental, labor and consumer safety laws.
What makes Jade mats eco-friendly?
Jade mats are eco-friendly as they are made with a renewable, sustainable resource - natural rubber, tapped from rubber trees. Jade mats contain no PVC or other synthetic rubbers. Perhaps most importantly, Jade mats are made in the United States in compliance with all US environmental and labor laws. Finally, through its partnership with Trees for the Future, JadeYoga plants a tree for every mat sold.
When will that rubber smell go away?
The natural rubber smell will dissipate over time. The best way to accelerate this process is to air the mat out in a well ventilated area - maybe even in front of a fan - but not in direct sunlight. Because natural rubber has natural variations in smell, and everyone has different sensitivities, the amount of time it takes for the smell to dissipate varies. For most people a week or two is enough, but for some people it may take a couple months (but just like with a car tire or bike tire or anything made of rubber, even then there will be some residual smell.)
How do I wash my mat?
As Jade mats act like sponges - and hold water, we recommend simple wiping the surface of your mat on a regular basis with plain water. If your mat needs an occasional deep cleaning, that is fine, but you should be aware that as Jade mats act like sponges, holding soap and water, you must be prepared to thoroughly rinse and dry your mat. You can wash your mats by soaking in a bathtub, hosing it off or in a front loading washing machine (no agitator) on gentle. We recommend a mild soap. Do not use oils, solvents or harsh abrasives. The mat should then be hung or laid flat to dry. DO NOT DRY IN OR ALLOW PROLONGED EXPOSURE TO DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
What can I do with my old mat?
Click here for 25 ways to reuse your yoga.
What do you mean by "Buy a mat. We plant a tree?"
While it has always been our goal to make the best performing yoga mat on the market and we are very proud that Harmony is made with natural rubber, a renewable resource, contains no PVC or ozone depleting substances and is made in the United States in compliance with US environmental laws -- we felt we could and should do even more. We looked for a partner to help us give back to the earth and found Trees for the Future to be the right choice. What we like about Trees for the Future is that they work with local communities on projects that are environmentally and economically sustainable. They are not about going in and dictating what they are going to do, doing it and walking away. They engage the local community which leads to a project that can continue long after Trees for the Future has left. Trees for the Future works to develop and implement programs to improve living standards for the participants, by the careful management, rather than the exploitation, of our natural resources. Through this partnership with Trees for the Future, we plant a tree for every yoga mat we sell.

All in all I give them a 10! Thanks to Shanieka, I was able to try this mat out and LOVE it. I am spreading the word too ;)


With this mat I feel good about the way it was made, what the proceeds go toward and that I am doing my body good. What better way to practice? I say go to their site and see for yourself....You wont be sorry you did!


http://www.jadeyoga.com/

On to Eats!
Pumpkin, banana oats! With a blob of almond butter, of course!

This was just what I needed on this super cool monring. It was 54 degrees out this morning and I need to warm up and get going. This did the trick. After breakfast and running around it was time for a snack...I had about 30 , yes, 30 raw almonds. Dont ever trust me around nuts, especially raw almonds and cashews, they are my favorite and I never can just have a hand full. Never. I then went out for my interval session and boy it was good to get out side and run my little heart out. When I got back this was waiting for me!
Chricken breast salad. I added all kinds of veggies to the mix, egg plant, purple green beans, onions, mushrooms and some avocado top. It was divine!

After about a hour I had a raw chopped bell pepper dipped in spicy mustard.

When I got home from work it was two stalks of celery and some PB2. Then headed to the gym to get in some arms! I needed a great arm workout and today was the day for it. I worked it! When I got home and showered I was starving!


This was had:

Indian chicken salad with a few sips of white wine. It was perfect! I relaxed and then had some much needed desert...Kobacha Squash....I love you.



After this I crawled into bed with my book. My window open, listening to night sounds and I just relaxed. Life is good....if you are me!

-Heather