Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Humpty Dumpty Day



This morning I feel like I am in a fog. Literally it looks the same out my window. Fall is here people! I didnt want to get out of bed and I still feel asleep right now. I did however, sleep like a rock. I am glad too. I think that I owe my deep sleeping to this thing that I got from yoga paws. I have already reviewed this product but darn if it isnt the best thing since sliced bread! These things work. I am telling you, since I have been wearing this at night I have had the deepest sleep ever. Thanks again to Yoga Paws for sending me this bonus!


This morning called for a wake up call....

A warm, peachy wake up call. I have been saving this peach for about a week now and it is ripe. I had half of it in my oats this morning and my oh my was it good. I am in love with peachy good oats! It warmed me up and woke me up!


After breakie I snacked on some un pictured raw almonds and then headed out to do some errands. Another cup of dark coffee may or may not have been consumed....;P


I decided that today was a walking/yoga day. I usually break my workouts into two sessions...One on my lunch break and one after work. Yesterday was running for 47 minutes and a 3 minute walking cool down with bicep and tricep training for about 40 minutes. Today....is a active rest day. I have decided that I am not going to be doing back to back tough cardio and lift sessions. There is no way I am going back down injury lane. So instead today will be walking for 60 minutes and then yoga later tonight. I am looking forward to enjoying the fall like day. For lunch today it is going to be quite different. Hold on to your seats! Yes, my friends...That is a sandwich. I know that you have never seen me eat such (seriously haven't had a sandwich in about 2 years). Today however is one of those days that I like to say IS SAMMIE TIME. Karen my roommate (and best friend ever!) accidental left her sandwich that she bought from the Co Op in the fridge. It is going to go bad before she eats it so I am just going to have to do the dirty work on this one ;) I am glad to have a excuse to do this one time deal. Not only is it a sandwich....It is my FAVORITE sandwich. The Hammie Sammie from the Co Op is the best! It is on marble rye bread, fake ham, Munster cheese, mustard, veganese and pickles. So So so freakin good. I am looking forward to this sandwich more than you know. After lunch I snacked on a raw bell pepper with mustard. My favorite crunchy snack (besides pb2 and celery, which I will be having after getting home before dinner.)

I always eat dinner before going to yoga and this is what is to be had. I figure....Go light and healthy since you had a sandwich earlier in the day. I hate that my mind works this way but whenever I have something "indulgent" (in my mind anyway) I always try to counteract it if at all possible. So here lies my dinner. Yep, steamed chicken and veggies. Story of my life! I put some jalapeno peppers on this batch to make it spicy. I go to yoga and then you know what it is baby!!!!

"desert" time. This is my new found love...Kabacha squash, smashed and mashed into the most delightful desert. I put a few pecans and stevia in the mix and wow, I could eat this everyday. I just might ;)

I don't know if squash is better for you to eat instead of potatoes but it sure feels like it to me and I want to believe that it is better carb wise to. I have been giving up my one glass of wine a night for this baby and I gladly would !


Hope you guys and gals have a great Hump Day. See you tomorrow with a review on yoga chips! I am excited!


Tootles!

-Heather