Friday, August 28, 2009

Weekend Warriors!






In New York City in 2004, Noha Waibsnaider founded Peeled Snacks when she noticed something missing from the world of snack foods. Store shelves were full of processed potato chips, corn syrup-filled candy, and energy bars made with too many mysterious ingredients. But you couldn't get anything healthy and tasty that made you feel good about snacking. So she set about to fix that problem.
Her solution? Three tasty and nourishing varieties of fruit & nut mixes that became Peeled Snacks. Peeled Snacks are made with ingredients that you recognize. Large, easy-to-eat pieces of fruit and nuts provide a natural source of vitamins, minerals and fiber - with NO added sugar or fat. The nuts are dry roasted and lightly salted. And for the chocolate lovers, we use the finest rich dark chocolate with 61% cacao in our Shock-olate variety.
At Peeled Snacks we know that food starts out delicious and nutritious, and it doesn't need some machine to improve it, or engineering to perfect it. We bring you food that's as close to its natural state as possible. So make snacking a satisfying part of your lifestyle by eating food as it was meant to be: peeled.


When I got these snacks I tore all of them open and decided that I would try all of them to see if they were all that I thought that they would be. Oh yeah! I am glad that I did open all of them because I know myself and after trying the mango (my fave) I would have opened another pack anyway. Now, I didn't eat the entire pack of all of them I just tried them all out. I put them into a plastic baggy so that I could keep the rest for later. I already have some gooood ideas. Here is a picture of the pineapple! What I love about these is the flavor. I am a lover of dried fruits and I buy then quite often and one thing that I hate about dried fruit is if they have been artificially sweetened. I want a dried fruit to taste like, well fruit! These were amazing! I know that they would be will all the hoopla I have been hearing but truly I think that this product is awesome. Thanks so very much for sending me a few to try out. I am hooked now : )

Go check out their site...It is filled with great products!

http://www.peeledsnacks.com/

This morning I decided to incorporate peeled into my breakfast. I had oat bran with dried apples. Amazing...

This is not the best picture but it tasted a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

In the mix I had oat bran, wheat bran, egg whites, vanilla almond milk, salba and dried apples. To goo to be true. I am going to incorporate the dried fruits to my oats all next week so get ready to be seeing a lot of "peeled" fruit in my morning routine. Lunch and snacks today will more than likely be the same nothing fancy. It is Friday so I try and keep it as simple as possible. I usually treat myself on Saturday and Sunday for brunch. This is going to be a great weekend. I am going home to see my mom and my sister is going to do my hair! I will do my best to have a picture or two when I get back! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. See you Monday!

-Heather