Monday, August 31, 2009

LOW LOW LOW LOW..


That is going to be the name of the game for the next four days. I am going to do my best to keep my workouts high intensity and my food intake to moderate to low. I am trying to go ahead and think about this up coming weekend and know that I am going to be indulging like crazy. Hopefully not but you can never tell when you are in a situation where you feel great and the drinks are flying. I am going to my best friends wedding and I want to have a great time without worrying too much about anything. How do you go about doing that? Well you need to have a plan and plan ahead. By keeping my self in check for the rest of the week that means that I am going to be able to indulge a little this weekend without the guilt. I am going to have a seamless breakfast, lunch, snack dinner this week and it is going to be easy because it is sitting my my fridge waiting for me. This is why I love to cook my food in advance. I don't have to think about it at all. When I get hungry I just to the fridge get it out and eat it. I don't mind eating it either because it is all my favorite foods and I know that I can change it up with spices and such. The key is to take simple ingredients and leave it bland. That way you can make it into what you want. See most of the time I do some sort of protein and carb and STEAM it with nothing. That way say I baked some chicken breasts and veggies and I want to have a spicy chicken stir fry then I add the sauce that I want and BAM I have the meal I want. Say I want a peanut basil chicken and veggie plate, I add the basil and some Thai peanut sauce and BAM I have the meal I want. It is that easy. This week is tofu and veggies. I am going to make a tofu veggie salad for lunch with a peanut dressing and for dinner it will be the same but I will more than likely go with a Mexican feel (salsa and avocado). I am glad that I am in the routine of doing this because it has made my busy life so much easier. I am going to implement this for sure when I have a family. So on to breakfast....It is oat bran yet again this morning but with MANGO! I am trying to eat as many of these as possible here of late, they about to go out of season.These oats don't look as good as they tasted for sure. I added at the last minute a spoon full of all natural peanut butter to make it extra good. This is my power breakfast and it fills me up and gets me through my morning.

For lunch today it is going to be Tofu and veggies over a bed of Romain. I am going to LOVE this lunch because it has been a while since I have had tofu. I have been trying to cut down on my soy consumption here lf late. I am going to be so ready to eat this baby after a good lunch break work out! This dish is loaded with bright wonderful veggies and the tofu is the protein that I need to get me through the rest of my afternoon. I added a peanut dressing to it and it compliments the textures and natural flavors of the tofu and veggies perfectly. I will be having a light snack today of Bell pepper and hummus about two hours after so that I can have a little fuel to get through the last part of my day.

Because the red bell peppers were on sale I went for it. Usually though this snack is with a green one. This is one of my favorite snacks ever (next to celery and PB). This is the perfect hot afternoon snack. I am trying to get as much cold raw food in my bod as possible. I know that as soon as it starts to cool off here I will be wanting HOT food and that means good bye to my summer light diet. I will miss the fruit this year for sure. It never tasted so good to me!

I will be going back to the gym later this evening for a yoga workout and before that though it will be dinnah!!!

This dinner is using the same ingredients as lunch but with a great twist...If there is one thing that I love above all sauces it is CURRY! I love curry but I do have to say that I try not to eat that much of the stuff because of the coconut milk (fating, goo fat though!). I found a WONDERFUL product and was able to try it over the weekend. You betta believe that it will be on my dinners this week. Now introducing....




Boy oh boy was I glad to get this in the mail!!! I was looking forward to get he yellow curry and didn't get that flavor but so happy to have gotten the banana and red curry. I have never tried a yellow one before. I am sure that it is because they are all sold out. This stuff is AWSOME!!!


Let me tell you guys a bit about the folks at Curry Love first!

mycurrylove.com


Go to their website and check them out! YOU wont be sorry you did...


FROM MIKE’S KITCHEN TO YOURS: "My fondest memories revolve around food and family." At a young age, I was attracted to fresh foods and rich flavors. I decided to follow my heart, and at the age of 15, I ventured into an affair with cooking. And I have been in kitchens all over the world, pleasing palates ever since. My first encounter with Thai curry left a lasting impression. One taste of the temptress and I was committed to creating this tantalizing treat for curry connoisseurs and curry virgins alike, crafting Curry Love™ with certified organic ingredients.
As a member of 1% For the Planet, Curry Love™ demonstrates its care for the planet and its inhabitants. That's why we've pledged 1% of all of our sales to causes benefiting our environment; why we use biodegradable and recyclable packaging and why we're organic.
Like a loving relationship and all of its wonderful qualities, Curry Love™ is a sweet pleasure to be savored. Whether you are looking to incite passion; enjoy a casual family moment or seeking to allure with adventure, make a date with Curry Love™. And fall in love with curry.


I shouldn't say this but I definitely don't mind eating a curry especially when it is being made by a gorgeous guy ; ) He's as hot as the Curry!


Ok enough! Sorry but I had to...


I have tried both curry's and I LOVE THEM beyond words. I am in fact having the banana curry tonight. Check it out!


This curry over brown rice and tofu with veggies=amazing...I give Mike and his curry lovin team 4 stars! Yo guys rock and thank you so very much for letting me try them out. I am in love...


On the site as well there are many recipes to choose from and they all look amazing. I love a webite that gives you ideas for their products. It just makes it so much easier.

Whether dinner for two or a party of 12, Curry Love™serves up delectable dishes seasoned chefs can add to their repertoire or first-timers in the kitchen can use to impress their guests.
With Mike's personal recipes,you can make love and magic.Bon Appetite!


Thanks Mike!


After dinner it is off to yoga and then back home to crawl into bed and curl up with a good book. I am such a grandma these days! My weekends consist of exercise, lounging and wine. I swear I will never meet anyone new if I dont get out more! I dont care though this is just how I roll. I am hoping that it rains again tonight. Last night it rained all night and I opened all the windows in the house. My place filled with the smell of rain and listening to the pitter patter on my room made for a perfect nights sleep. I couldn't not have asked for a more relaxing Sunday evening.


Well folks! That is it for me and my Monday. I hope that yours goes quickly and I hope that you had a great weekend. Remember that I am going on vacation this weekend so no posts for me Friday-Tuesday. Read while you can!!! I will however have a ton of good photos of the wedding!

Ciao!

-HEATHER