Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Salba and the benifits.

This morning I decided to post about something that I REALLY want to try...Salba! I am going to have the exact same menu as yesterday so I wont bore you with the same post, instead read this! I am hoping that I will be trying out some Salba products very soon and when I get a reply (crossing my fingers) that they are going to be sending me some I will tell you who it is.....Until then, enjoy!

Salba - Nature's Perfect Whole Food: Now Available in Convenient, Pre-Ground!Salba Ground Seed packs the same nutritional punch as Salba Whole Seed! Same pleasant taste!
Benefits of Using Salba:

Promotes Cardiovascular Health
Supports Joint Function & Mobility
Promotes Digestive Health
Assists Bowel Function/Regularity
Mixes easily in Salads & SaucesCertified Salba Whole Food grown in Peru:Salba is an evidence-based registered variety of the Salvia Hispanica L plant species. Nutritionally superior to flax and soy, Salba is the richest whole food source of Omega 3’s and dietary fiber in nature...2400mg Omega-3 and 4100mg of Fiber in just one serving!
Check Out Salba's Numbers! Gram For Gram, Salba Provides:- 8x more Omega 3s than salmon- 4x more fiber than flax- 6x more calcium than whole milk- 13x more antioxidants than blueberries- 3x more iron than spinach- 15x more magnesium than broccoliGreat tasting Salba Ground is so easy to incorporate into your meals and health plans. Simply add Salba to any cereal, mix into yogurts or salads and use to thicken gravy and sauces. Salba’s neutral flavor and moisture retaining qualities will enhance the nutritional value without taking away from the experience of your favorite meals.Salba Ground Seed is pre-ground for convenient use in yogurt, cereal, smoothies, soups and baked good recipes. Also comes with shake/pour flip-top lid for convenience.Salba is all-natural, has no trans-fats, very few carbohydrates, and is certified Non-GMO, Vegan, Kosher, and Gluten-Free for those who suffer from celiac disease.What Makes Salba Superior to Common Chia?
Salba is a standardized nutritionally consistent crop.
Salba is consistently higher in Omega-3 fatty acids than chia.
Salba is consistently higher in protein than chia.
Salba is grown under controlled conditions in the Desert Coast of Peru.
Salba is more appealing in food preparation than chia.
Salba is whitish in color while common chia is black.
Salba has undergone intensive clinical examination, unlike chia.
Salba is supported by extensive health and medical claims, unlike chia.

Ingredients:Serving Size: 1 tbsp, packed (8g)Servings per container: 33Calories: 32, Calories from fat: 25Total fat 2.9g, polyunsaturated fat 2.4g, total carbohydrate 3.1g, dietary fiber 2.9g, soluble fiber .3g, insoluble fiber 2.5g, protein 1.8g, thiamin .1mg, riboflavin .02mg, folate 8.2mcg, calcium 63mg, iron 1mg, magnesium 31mg, selenium .01mg, copper .1mgOmega-3 fatty acids (alpha linolenic) 1891mg, Omega-6 fatty acids (gamma linoleic) 524mg, Omega-9 fatty acids (oleic) 173mg





-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so now a Colonix review and update....
I contacted the people at Dr.Natura and a lady by the name of Korinna called. Totally nice and super healpful. Even she was talking about food pairings. I am going to try to only each fruit alone instead of with my nuts and I am going to taper it off through out the day. I will be sad to see my nightly snack of fruit gone. I am willing to do whatever she sayd because I really want this cleanse to work. I have to say that the customer service is awesome! I didnt expect to get a direct call asking me questions and pointing me in the right direction. The nice folks at Colonix will be sending me some probiotics and another months supply of the program. I am going to keep giving this product everything that I have! I must have some major gunck in there! Please go to their site to see for yourself what I am talking about. I think that if you are in the market for a cleanse this could be your product!
-Heather