Monday, July 20, 2009

Barely moving


Yeah you read right...I am barely movin this morning... It was one of those mornings where you just cant get out of bed and you dont want to even think about what lies ahead of you. I mean, we all have those right? I always think the night before on Sunday that I am going to wake up super early and then get in a walk or something and every single Monday I say "it's Monday, lets ease into it." Well I THOUGHT that to myself but that is not what happened. I am house sitting this week so I pretty much had to get myself ready and out the door so that I could take the dog for a walk for the people that I am sitting for. Luckily they live in my neighborhood so it is not that big of a deal . I have been going over there about 3 times a day though and it is starting to get old. I am okay with it for a few more days though. I love it that people always ask me to house sit/ dog sit. That means that they trust me with their babies! I am a good person to house sit/doggy sit but I do take it seriously and kinda drive myself crazy a bit. It is worth it though because I NEED the extra cash. This weekend I got away with 64.00 and that was including food for two pot lucks I had to go to. So 64.00 this week for all my meals is pretty good. Lets break that down. I would say that I spend 50 dollars for my food (the other was for the pot luck that I took on Saturday and Sunday). Which means that I am eating for around 7.14 a day (5 meals) and that brings me to 1.42 each meal. Beat that if you can..
This morning I am trying out something new...I added some cherries and a half of nanner! I have never tried oat bran before but have been seeing it a lot in the blog world so I thought I would give it a try. I am in love ! I am not kidding. This is my new love! Next I will be trying oat groats! I am ready now. So after drinking a huge cup of coffee and having this lovely bowl of oats I am going to work my butt off until lunch when I am able to go for a hour long walk. I will be coming back to the office to have some much needed lunch!
Yep! It is salmon again this week. I put fresh dill and some cranberries on top this time to make it extra special! I will also have a side salad to go with this that will have bell pepper and cucumber. Fresh squeezed lemon will be my dressing.

After lunch I will be finishing up my day and will be having a bowl of cherries and 25 almonds! My favorite combo.
This combo really makes me happy. It fills me up and gets me through the last bit of my work day. When I get home it will be relaxing time (if you call walking the dog again and doing laundry relaxing) and then off to yoga (real relaxing time). Before I go to yoga though I will be eating this. Steamed tofu and veggies. Plain but good. I will be using some balsamic vinegar on top more than likely. Frozen strawberries for desert. I am really into frozen fruit right now. I didn't get any watermelon this week so it is strawberries or nothin. I am trying to do my best to be careful with the fruit this week.
I would like to review a product for you guys this morning. On Friday I got a little package that I was so excited about. The folks at Sonoma Crisps decided to send me some of thier Rasin Crunch (cinnamon flavor) my way because it is new and improved. I LOVE it when a company takes the time to allow you to review a previous product that is better now! Well I was glad to open the bag right up and taste it.


They developed the crunchy raisins snack after listening to customers who didn’t care for the squishy texture or unique taste of traditional raisins.
The sole ingredient is high-quality raisins grown in the warm sunshine of Fresno, California. Using a unique, oil-free process, we essentially “inflate” the raisins, turning them into a light and crispy snack that literally pops in your mouth.
Traditionally, most raisins have been used for baking and cooking, but Raisin Crunch can be enjoyed in a wide variety of ways…as a snack…as a salad topper…in virtually any culinary scene you can imagine. It’s a whole new concept for enjoying those world-renowned California Raisins.
Even if you’re not a big raisin fan, don’t hesitate to try Raisin Crunch. With one crunchy pop, it will change everything you’ve ever known or thought about the traditional raisin. For what you get the calories are great! I love this product and really this one is one of my favoites! I love the apple one's too. Thanks so much Sonoma Crisps! You guys are one of my favorite companies that have sent me product and I loved getting the surprise in the mail. Go to thier site and try thier products out. They are fantastic!
-Heather