Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wed...Already?

Me being a goof ball!

I can not believe that it is Hump day already...I dont know where this week is going! I am not complaining though. I am taking Monday off and plan to do something fun. I want to go kayaking... That is something that I love to do every year but for the last two years haven't been able to. It should be fun. My roommate comes home on Saturday of next week so I am trying to enjoy the house to myself while I have it. I am surprised that I havent had a party or even dinner yet. I should this weekend maybe, thoughts. So this morning I woke up, did a 15 minute "yoga in your bed" session and then hoped out of bed, got ready and off to work I went. I woke up extra early because I thought that I needed to get to the house to dog sit. Turns out they were already home. I didn't mind though because that gave me time to go to the Co Op and spend money that I don't have ;)
I got some silk hazelnut soy creamer for my coffee (very decadent for me) and some PB2 which I got the local Co Op to carry now. I also picked up the brightest slice of watermelon I think that I have ever seen. I cant wait to freeze it and have it after yoga! What a treat.

So, this morning has turned out to be a lovely one. One reason why is because I got a e-mail from a SUPER nice person by the name of Trudy! Salba Corp. is going to be sending me their products...I cant wait! I am so excited, I have been eyeing them for quite some time. I am sure to love it with all the health benefits and all. Please keep up with my blog because I will be reviewing their wonderful products as soon as I try them out. If you are interested in Salba then you need to head right over to their site!
http://www.salba.info/


This morning I am still loving my new found love...Oat Bran! A banana makes all the difference in Oats! I am in love with this combo. You better believe that some PB2 went on top ; )


This pretty much fills me up until lunch. Today at lunch I will b walking with my favorite person in the office (shhhh, dont tell!). Shelly and I are walkin machines when we can. I cant wait. On average we walk 3.5-3.9 miles on our hour lunch break. It is great for me because that means that I can take advantage of mu whole lunch hour to get in a work out and I have a partner which sure beats the heck outta getting on the treadmill alone. Thanks Shelly! Your the best. When I get back to the office I will be having this combo! Baked Salmon with mushrooms and spinach and diced tomato. That is a lemon seasoning a top! This is the perfect protein/carb combo for after exercise to really give your body what you need. Later....A snack...Fresh Bing cherries and a hand full of raw almonds! YUMMY! I am in love with these jewels. Every week I think to myself "I just bought waaaaay to many I will never eat that many" and every week around Thursday I am almost out. Crazy. These babies pretty much keep my sweet tooth in check.


When I get home I will pretty much relax for about a hour or so before going to yoga. But first I will have dinner! Last night I switched it up. I looked in the fridge and say the Living Tree Tahini that I had gotten a couple weeks ago and I thought "I have got to eat this stuff before it goes bad...there must be different ways to have Tahini." Well my friends there is. I took the jar out and decided that a thick sauce was to go over my tofu stir fry. OH MY GAWD was it good! I did this. Creamy TahiniDressing/ Sauce.

-1/2 cup garbanzo bean

-4 table spoons of Tahini

-Fresh Dill (to your liking)

-Fresh Basil chopped

-1/2 squeezed lime

-/2 squeezed lemon

-water to the consistency you like (I like mine thick)

You blend this all up and what you have here is the creamiest (vegan) sauce you can think of. Add some salt and pepper and you are golden my friends! There you have about 4 servings of the best dipping, pouring, topping, side dish ever! Thanks Living Tree again. You have opened my eyes to a new world. Tahini! This was my end result!You betta believe that I made enough so that I can have a repeat tonight. This is what I LOVE about being single. A: You can have whatever you want to eat for dinner. B: You always have left overs :p

I will then go to yoga with a very happy tummy and when I get home have that beautiful slice of watermelon (sorry no pic) and get into bed with my computer and youtube like there is no tomorrow. There is something about watching exercise videos while eating that makes me laugh! SO until tomorrow....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------




REVIEW TIME!

Just when you thought the post was over!


I got this in the mail while at work today and because I had a errand to run I stopped by my house. Guess what it is???


Heart Thrive! Let me tell you about them first!


The Healthy Baking Company ™ is a bakery responding to America's desire for nutritious, guilt-free, meals-to-go.
Now selling nationwide in stores like Whole Foods, we're a family business that's been in business for 20 years, making it our business to get your business to stay in business, for health's sake!
Sustainability—Catering to Common Sense
We all want the world to be a better place. At The Healthy Baking Company, our mission is to help sustain human bodies, nourishing a world future generations will want to inherit.
By choosing vegan, all-natural, and non-GMO ingredients, we reduce the impact of agriculture on the land and conserve our precious natural resources. We help people live healthy, productive and enjoyable lives with our delicious and convenient meals-to-go that are nutritious, heart-healthy, and doctor-recommended.


So there you have it...A snack once again that you can feel good about eating! Well you know I had to rip one open as soon as I got it too ;)



I went with the Cranberry! WOW! This is almost like a desert. At first I felt a little guilty for eating it but then remembered that it had no wheat in it and was vegan! My worries melted away. I LOVE these. I will be showing you more of them as I eat them but as always wanted to review them just as soon as I try them out! I give them a 10! YOu guys rock my world!!! Thanks so much for sending them to me. PLEASE go check out their site they have so many amazing flavors (I am sure to try out another tonight, the date one is screaming my name!!!). Go to:



you wont be sorry you did.

Ciao!

-Heather