Thursday, June 25, 2009

In for the Home Stretch!


Yay! We are so close to getting there! I have a week and I will be at the pool and Beck in Florida! It is totally last minute but I will be going to my uncle's wedding and I cant wait to just get out of town. This morning I woke up and had to get out the door quick if I wanted to get in a walk. My knee was super tight so I knew that the full 45 minutes wouldn't happen. 30 minutes did though :)
I got dressed and had this baby before going to physical therapy. I didn't want my stomach talking too much!
No I only had one but it was sooooo freaking good. I am so surprised at myself. When I opened the bag of dates and stuffed my first one I thought to myself, "there is no way that you will be able to just have one of these." " Now where can I hide this from myself." I didn't hide the bag or the nut butters, instead when I had one i made sure to really enjoy it and get over it. Food is not going to take over my life and I just tell myself there is always tomorrow to have one. So there! I got to Physical therapy and bit did they do a number on me. I got pulled and pushed on. Heated and Iced. It sucked I must say and I still hurt from it all but hopefully it will all settle in and I will feel my sore creaky normal self in a hour or two. After all this I came to the office and felt like if a small child walked by I would eat it! Kidding (sorta) I mean I was HANGRY!
This took care of it. Of course I had the other slice of bread and after I took the picture made anotehr batch of egg white goodness to throw on there. Smeared some Veganese on it and down it went. It was good, it was filling. French Meadow's Bakery knows what they are doing I tell you!
After a while I had to turn to another good friend. I had some Kombucha baby! Yep, made me feel MUCH better!
I drank one serving (half the bottle) and off I got to the gym. I am not walking on my lunch break but will be focusing on my chest today. I don't want to over do it because I swam yesterday. After getting back I am having a black bean burger, mustard on the side with some greens and tomato!
I have never tried a black bean burger until this week and I have to say I am impressed and I like them better than the usual Bocca Burger salad, change is good.
After the spicy yumminess it was time for my love.
The Greek gods have spoken!
After the working day is done I am going straight to the Y and train my friend Mary Anne. I will come home and have this!


A really great product! I went to the store last night and bought all these!
I will be reviewing each one as I go. I went ahead and tasted the chicken last night so that I could review today and I really had to stop myself from eating the whole pack. So good! Here is some facts!
Smart Tenders Savory Chick’n
The Smart Solution for a veggie meal. Tender and juicy veggie chick'n tenders. Use in place of chicken in your favorite meals. They're fully cooked for your convenience and can be enjoyed warm or cold. Brown them up for a delicious fajita or center of plate delicacy, or enjoy them chilled on a bed of greens with Caesar dressing! For these versatile tenders we've added NO PRESERVATIVES. NO ARTIFICIAL ANYTHING. These tenders have 13 grams of VEGGIE PROTEIN per serving, less than 1 GRAM OF SATURATED FAT, and ZERO CHOLESTEROL.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3 pieces (85g)

Servings per container: 2

Nutrition: Amount per Serving Percentage Daily Value
Calories 150
Calories from Fat 60
Fat, g 7 11%
Saturated Fat, g 0.5 3%
Trans Fatty Acids, g 0
Cholesterol, mg 0 0%
Sodium, mg 550 23%
Potassium, mg* 300 9%
Carbohydrate, g 7 2%
Fiber, g 4 16%
Sugars, g <1
Protein, g 16 22%

Ingredients
TENDER: TEXTURED PROTEIN (WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, SUNFLOWER OIL, YEAST EXTRACT, DRIED EGG WHITES, SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE, AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, SALT, NATURAL FLAVOR*), WATER, CANOLA OIL, LESS THAN 2% OF: EGG WHITE POWDER, CELLULOSE GUM, NATURAL FLAVOR*, ONION POWDER, POTATO STARCH, GARLIC POWDER, SALT; SEASONING: SPICE, SALT, EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, DRIED ONION, DRIED GARLIC, DRIED LEMON PEEL, NATURAL FLAVOR*.
*NATURAL FLAVOR DERIVED FROM VEGETABLE SOURCES.

CONTAINS: Soy, Wheat, Egg.

If you are looking for some great meat free products please go to www.lightlife.com

and check them out they have a TON of amazing products and a bunch of new ones as well. I am going to be reviewing each one as I go so be on the look out for more info on their stuff. Thanks so very much Rachael for sending me the coupons! Now go get em!