Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Car Troubles and the Tingles.

Yes, you read right. A weird combo but that is what I have. My leg has a tingling sensation that goes all the way down my left leg. It feels really weird. I am hoping that it is okay. I walked for 30 minutes at 4.5 and did some ab exercises. I may have to cut out the ab exercises. I am doing exactly what my doctor says that I can do, which is 30 minutes walking and 30 minutes swimming. I can do both in a day if I want. I usually do one or the other. I am swimming today for 30 minutes. I hope that it doesn't bug my knee but we can only wait and see. The other thing that is going on is my car...Yes, it is that time of the year. Every single year around this time I have a car issue. It is the hot weather I guess. Anyway, I have to have a new starter and it is not a good thing. Having a Volvo is expensive as far as parts go. Now let me clarify! I don't have a new fancy Volvo. I have a 1992 Volvo station wagon with over 250,000 miles on it. Hey, it gets me from A to B and I must say, I love it. I guess that 300+ dollars is worth it instead of getting a new car. At any rate I am doing what I have to do...
One thing that did go in the right direction was that I finally got to have breakfast with my friend John! We usually meet really really early in the morning once a week for breakfast and coffee. We have missed the last two weeks though because he is planning his wedding and trying to cut back on his spending. He picked me up this moring to take me to work since I wasn't able to drive my car and we went to Big City Bread here in Athens to have our usual. This morning however I didn't have my usual (a biscuit and soy patty). I went for something different.

I got a bowl of fruit and some coffee. It was just what I needed. I decided that I would go light for one reason...I knew that once I had gotten to work I was going to want this!

Sprouted bread with egg whites. I did have both slices of bread and smeared veganese on the bread with some fresh basil. It was so darn good. I knew that if I had the biscuit I would want the egg Sammie so I went for the fruit this morning! Go me! After reading e-mails, doing some running around and getting awake I had a Katalyst Kombucha!
I went for the original flavor. It was awesome. I love just plain Ole kombucha! It is so tasty! It also fills me up and keeps me in a great mood. On my lunch break I am going to HOPEFULLY go pick up my car and then go back to the office to have this momma salad!
This is a black bean salad. These are two SMALL patties. They look big but they are about the size of one normal patty (just so that you know). I am swimming today after work so I have to make sure that I have the energy to get through the work out. You know that I am going to have to have something a little sweet so you know that I am having my favorite!
Greek yogurt is sooooo freaking good people. If you have never had it go get it. It is thick and the texture is so nice. Very diverse as well. It plain kinda has a sour cream taste and can be used in dips. If you add some jam or honey it becomes a sweet desert. I love this stuff and try to make it apart of my diet. Low carb and packed with protein! I am going to have a repeat of last nights dinner but with a twist. I am going to have temphe instead of tofu tonight. This is the beans and asparagus cooked!

I know you must think "gosh, she cooks her food ahead of time and then has to re warm everything up." Not so. I like to go ahead and cook it and then stick it in the fridge. For two reasons. 1: I hate getting the kitchen hot by cooking I would rather have one night where I am sweating and cooking (GA is HOT right now) and 2: I don't feel like eating hot food in the summer. In fact if I could get away with it I would just eat watermelon, strawberries and blueberries all day everyday. I wouldn't really do that though (waaaaay to active, I need some substance!) After dinner though you better believe that I am going to be having some fresh watermelon though. It is just too good right now! So sorry that my post is so boring today but I don't have any reviews and I don't have much going on besides healing and car troubles. I have to be a downer so I would rather just get on with the day and forget about my troubles. After all it is HUMP DAY! Do you have anything that you like to do in the middle of the week to get you to Friday? By the way Missy has a great give-a-way with one of my FAVORITE products! http://www.missymaintains.com/ go check her out!
also I totally forgot to tell you guys that I got this in the mail!
I tried out the Vanilla Whey powder in my smoothie day before yesterday and it was soooo good, I added strawberries, blueberries, flax seeds, young coconut water and some spinach! It was awesome and held me over for the night. Thanks JAY! See I guess you guys did get a review after all!


-Heather