Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Soda I LOVE.

Gooooood Morning! What a great day it really is! Hump day is here again and now that I know I am over the major hump in the week, it is all down hill from here.

I am so happy this morning I could burst. I have had some great luck this week so far and I am so very glad. I needed it! I got a package from a company that I have reviewed before and I must say...free soda was welcomed! This is a product that I tried and have been back to the store time and time again to buy. I even begged my Kroger to carry it! I was shocked to see it on the self just a few days later! What am I talking about? Well...I will show you!




ZEVIA is the first all natural zero calorie soda. With only pure ingredients, ZEVIA contains none of the chemically processed artificial sugar substitutes, artificial flavors or artificial colors found in other diet sodas. ZEVIA is all-natural, has zero calories, zero net carbs, zero fat, and little or no sodium (depending on flavor).
All seven delicious ZEVIA varieties - ZEVIA Natural Cola (my personal favorite), ZEVIA Natural Orange, ZEVIA Natural Twist, ZEVIA Natural Root Beer, ZEVIA Natural Black Cherry, and ZEVIA Natural Ginger Ale - are healthier and taste better than any other diet soda.



Zevia stevia soda is Nature's Answer To Diet Soda. We have taken great care and spared no expense to make sure that all seven Zevia stevia soda varieties contain only pure, natural ingredients.
Zevia Natural Diet Sodas contain the natural ingredients discussed below.

Ingredients Include:
- Stevia
- Erythritol
- Natural Caramel
- Natural Tartaric Acid
- Citric Acid
- Kola Nut Extract
- Natural Caffeine
- Annatto
- Ginger Root


The break down:

Stevia:
Stevia is a natural herb native to South and Central America. For centuries, native Americans of Paraguay and Brazil called it "sweet leaf" and used it to sweeten native foods. Stevia is used as a food additive in China, Japan, all of South America and in the United States. The extract from the stevia leaf has no calories, no effect on blood sugar levels, and is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar. Stevia sweetens all seven Zevia Natural Diet Soda flavors.

Erythritol:
Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol found in fruits and vegetables, has no calories, and has no effect on blood sugar levels. Erythritol does not promote tooth decay. Erythritol is used in all seven Zevia Natural Diet Soda flavors.

Natural Caramel:
Zevia Natural Cola and Zevia Natural Ginger Ale stevia sodas are colored with natural caramel.
Natural Tartaric Acid:
Tartaric acid occurs naturally in many plants, particularly grapes, bananas, and tamarinds, and is also found in wine. Most colas use cheap, harmful phosphoric acid for flavor. Phosphoric acid is used in fertilizers and detergents. It erodes tooth enamel and has been linked to depletion of calcium, a contributing factor in osteoporosis. Safe, natural tartaric acid enhances the zesty, tangy flavor of Zevia® Natural Cola stevia soda.
Citric Acid:
Citric acid is naturally concentrated in oranges, grapefruit, pineapple, lemons and limes. This natural citric acid flavors all seven Zevia Natural Diet Soda flavors.

Kola Nut Extract:
The kola nut is from a tree native to Central and Western Africa. The kola nut contains naturally occurring caffeine, as well as theobromine, a stimulating ingredient also found in chocolate and green tea. Natural kola nut extract provides the classic cola flavor in Zevia Natural Cola stevia soda.

Natural Caffeine:
Most diet sodas use artificially produced caffeine. The natural caffeine in Zevia Natural Cola stevia soda comes from coffee, tea, and the kola nut. All five other delicious Zevia Natural Diet Soda flavors are caffeine free.

Annatto:
Zevia Natural Orange stevia soda is colored with annatto, from the achiote tree. When we were developing Zevia Natural Orange, we were told that orange color had to be artificial. But, because Zevia was to be the first truly all natural zero calorie soda, we refused to accept anything artificial for the Zevia brand. After searching, we found annatto, which is all natural and a beautiful orange.

Ginger Root:
Zevia Natural Root Beer and Zevia Natural Ginger Ale stevia sodas contain extract of ginger root. This ancient and tasty ingredient has been used by people around the world to alleviate everything from morning sickness to arthritis pain.






I hate fake sugars like Splenda, Equal and Sweeten low. In fact I will not consume it at all. This makes my food and drink choices hard. I was absolutely amazed how many products have one of these (especially Splenda) in it. That is why I have been for over 3 years now on a "clean" diet. No fake anything. Nothing that I cant pronounce goes in my body. No more than 5 ingredients and I do my darnest not to eat things pre-packaged. This soda is something that I can feel good about drinking! I have to say, I almost felt guilty as I took my first sip! You may be asking yourself:

What is Stevia?
Stevia is an herb native to South and Central America, and grown now in Asia. For centuries, native Americans of Paraguay and Brazil called it "sweet leaf" and used it to sweeten foods. Stevia helps with dental hygiene, recent studies found it has antioxidant properties and other health benefits, and it contains no calories. Click here to learn more about stevia.






Why do the Zevia Nutrition Facts Panels show carbohydrates?
Erythritol theoretically has carbohydrates. However, the body does not process them, which is why Zevia still has zero calories. Erythritiol is excreted through the urine unchanged from its original form. Of course, we disclose the carbohydrates, but we say Zevia has zero "net carbs" because the carbohydrates have no effect on blood sugar, do not assist in weight gain, and do not provide any energy like other carbs which also have calories.



Oprah'sMagazine is featuring Zevia in their September edition of
O-List.


Oprah says,
"You may try this Stevia-sweetened soda because it contains no
calories, no sugar, no aftertaste, no artificial anything, but you'll


stick with it because it's delicious."




I love Oprah and glad that she is getting the good word out about this wonderful soda collection! I too give Zevia a 10! It is amazing and I will continue to drink it! I have made floats with my zevia, mixed drinks and drank it alone! All in all a wonderful product. I have tasted all flavors and ALL of them rock! My favorites are the Cola, Ginger Ale and Dr. Zevia. I am so happy to tell you all that you too can have a chance to try out this great product!


The folks at Zevia were kind enough to offer a give-a-way! They are offering one mixed six pack to one winner. All you have to do is one of three! If you do all three you have three chances to win!

1: Leave me a comment telling me which flavor is your favorite or which one you would like to try most.
2: link my blog to your blog, facebook or tweet about the give-a-way.
or
3: send me a picture with you and Zevia!


Alright...get to it! I will announce the winner on Monday August 30! I hope you win!


See you tomorrow!

Drink up!
-Heather