Thursday, July 22, 2010

Greenware for Baby.







Hello babe's! I am excited to share some really cool Ecofriendly tableware!
I recieved a box just the other day and it had baby tableware! (No, I am not pregnant nor do I have a child BUT there is nothing wrong with supporting or reviewing a company that has great green products!) This isnt just any table ware....It is made of CORN!
I contacted the company after going to a baby shower and the topic of conversation was "is there a company out there that makes green ware for babies?" I didn't know but the question of course was directed towards me. All my friends know that I am a food blogger/product reviewer and so I get questions all the time. I did a web search and found:

http://www.buygreenware.com/

Here is a description of one of the cutest companies I have seen for baby!

Mother’s Corn: Eco-friendly Corn Tableware for Babies and Kids
The corn plastic tableware of Mother’s Corn is made from the PLA (Poly Lactic Acid) which is a biodegradable, thermoplastic, aliphatic polyester derived from renewable resources, such as corn starch. Kid’s friendly and quality designed Mother’s corn products draw the attention from young moms who are conscious about environmental issues. Mother’s corn was born in S. Korea and is already popular in S. Korea, Japan, and China.

Mother’s corn tableware products are safe for kids and environment. It is Non-Toxic, Anti-Bacterial, No Environmental Hormone and most of all it is Biodegradable.

Another notable fact is, unlike other corn plastic containers which are disposable, Mother’s corn has excellent durability.

Look at the cuteness I received!
Eco-friendly, non-toxic, anti-bacteria, biodegradable CORN PLASTIC products for babies and kids. 8oz corn cup.


Eco-friendly, Non-Toxic, Anti-Bacteria, Biodegradable plate for babies and kids. 9"x10.75"x1"


and last nut not least I got:

Eco-friendly, non-toxic, anti-bacteria, biodegradable CORN PLASTIC products for babies and kids. 7 oz cup w/ holder
How adorable are these products? I just LOVE them! I dont have a child but I am using them anyway and feel good about doing so because they are made from corn! What a great idea! Here are some Q& A's about Mother Corn:

1. Are the environmental hormones found in the containers of Mother’s Corn?
No, since the plastic of Mother’s Corn is made from the natural resource of corn starch, the environmental hormones, carcinogens, and heavy metals are not found in our products. It is totally safe when babies chew the container or when it contains hot foods.

2. Can we eat the Mother’s Corn since it is made from corn starch?
No, although the main material of Mother’s Corn is corn starch, you can not eat the Mother’s Corn because it takes several processes to make the final products.

3. Does Mother’s Corn decompose when they are being used?
No, It will not disappear while you use it. Mother’s Corn begins decomposing after you buried in soil.

4. Is Mother’s Corn microwave and dishwasher safe?
Tricky but we should say No, you can use a home microwave up to 3 minutes and a dishwasher for cleaning. However, we do not recommend using either microwave or dishwasher and it will shorten the life of Mother’s corn.
Good news is that all Mother’s corn has self anti-bacterial treated; therefore it is not necessary to use either dishwasher or boiling water for cleaning. Hand washing is good enough.


Mother Corn has been kind enough to issue a discount coupon for my readers!!!
Everyone that orders will get a 20% discount coupon if they use the code : sccblog02 and it will expire on Aug. 31, 2010. So get your orders in now!
All in all this is the place to go if you really want a great gift for an expecting mom, or if you already have little ones. OR if you are like me and just like that there is corn ware out there! I love it really. Please go to there site and let me know what you think!
I hope you enjoyed my review and see you tomorrow for more!
-Heather