Thursday, June 17, 2010

Boring foods make for a exciting body.

Hola!
How are you all? I am doing great! My back is still very sore but with some extra love and care I should be back at it in not time (thinking positive anyway). This summer has been different than the other years from my memory. I don't know why but it seems more hot. It is only June and already we are up in the 100's. The heat index on Tuesday was 107. Can you say not hungry, not wanting to move? When it is this hot I don't seem to have a appetite. This is the reasoning for my lack of food posts! My food frankly has been pretty boring. I have been making some fantastic smoothies though and don't forget about the ice cream. It is divine on a hot day. I thought that this morning though I would just go ahead and show you what is going down the hatch.




Greek yogurt and berries with a drizzle of agave.




Pink lady apple with PB2=perfect snack.





Totally been craving this and decided....just go back to 6th grade...Only this time with Ezekiel bread instead. Two slices of the lovely flourless bread with more Pb2 (addicted) and some smashed blackberries. Chopped carrots on the side.


I am sorry but this is a lazy lunch...After being on "vacation" for 9 days my usual Sunday run to the grocery store was rushed and food wasn't on my mind. I just grabbed a loaf and some other goodies and went. I am not complaining...this was so good. When was the last time you had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? Going back to the basics is never a bad thing.


After a while I needed another small snack before heading home so I headed to the fridge and grabbed these beauties.

Ok, so for the next few months you will be seeing A LOT of fruit. I am a LOVER of in season fruit and literally dream of blueberries and figs in the winter. I am not one of those "fruit has a ton of carbs so I can only have one serving." Nope, I eat it in abundance! Yum.


Dinners have been cool, crunchy salads! I have to thank Shelley because she has been so kind to bring me all kinds of goodies from her garden. My salads have had multicolored squash, nappa cabbage, egg plant, zucchini, tri-colored tomatoes and many other colorful veggies. Pair these with some balsamic vinegar and you have a awesome dinner. I have changed my diet a bit and I didn't even know it. Looking back at my food diary I have found that I haven't eaten meat in a few months. I am however making a point to eat some really good fish soon. I am not getting into it as it makes me tear up but you should too. Soon we wont be able to get the variety that we can now. I love salmon so you will be seeing my salads topped with these swimmers.


Desert? Why of course! I can not take credit for this photo. I saw this from a wonderful blogger that I like. I have no idea why I am not a mom but these were made and I ate two! I am so dorky sometimes but when I saw the frozen watermelon star Popsicles I just had to make em. They were really good and I think that kids would love these. I also think that dipping half of them in dark chocolate would be extra special too!
Some un pictured peanut butter M&M's were eaten as well. I am not perfect! If I was....I would have the perfect body! Diet is 80% of your results so you got to keep it in check if you want to look great. I had a little too good of a time while I was out on break. I am back to the grind and my schedule so hopefully I should be back to my "comfort" zone in no time. I am going to give it my all! My back is not 100% so I still have to wait it out as far as lifting any weights and jumping around. I think that is killing me more than my back! It is so hard for me to not go to the gym or head outside. I have been walking and that is about it. Hopefully this weekend it will be on! I will ease back into it though. You have to be careful when you add in new exercises to your routine.
So there you have it. What I have been eating this week! Come back tomorrow to see what I am reading! I am on to a new book and it is amazing. Just you wait!
See you tomorrow it's going to be FRIDAY! YAY!
What is your plans for the weekend?
-Heather