Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ICU


Hey! I am lovin this warm weather! I swear I am totally a Spring and Summer chick. I just become a completely different person! I know that sounds a little funny but it is true! How about you? Is there a season that you prefer over another?

This past weekend (and Monday!) was filled with sunshine, working out, lounging and smoothies! Yes, I am making some of the best smoothies of my life! I tell you what....I could be on a liquid diet of I wanted to and feel totally satisfied! Two items that I purchased recently was xantham gum and guar gum. These gums turned my "I'm hungry after 30 minutes!" into 4 hours of no hunger pains and enough energy to go 5 if I really wanted. These babies turn my once smoothie from this: WATERY MESS
to this:

THICK

Thicker Thickest! I tell you what, introducing gums to my smoothies has changed a snack into a MEAL. No kidding! I will go ahead and tell you....they aint cheap! A little goes a LONG way though. I use anywhere from a half a teaspoon to a whole teaspoon to get the consistency that I want. It can end up so thick that I eat it from a bowl!
Sometimes you just gotta roll with it! I do this often actually and top my smoothie with all kinds of things. Buckwheat, granola, flax seeds, goji berries, cocoa nibs, bee pollen, you name it I topped my smoothie with it. Something else that goes really well with smoothies is sunny weather!

You cant go out on a bright sun shiny day unless you are equipped. I almost always have some huge sunglasses on my face when I leave the house. I was so very excited to see that I got a sweet package from




What was inside was just what I thought would be. Actually, I already knew what was coming my way. I aint frontin. Rose, the sweetest lady ever let me pick out a pair of sunglasses and a pair of eye glasses. Whoo Hoooo! This woman is awesome! One reason why is because I wanted the pink version of these sunglasses but they were all sold out. She took a picture right there at her desk and sent it to me with "Heather, all we have is the red ones, will this work? I can send another pair if you like." Whoa....I thought. No she didnt....customer service at it's best! I mean...what other company would do this. I can tell you (because I talk to on average about 30 companies a day) very rarely do I get outstanding customer service. Customer Service is number one to me. I work in customer service and have my own business on the side and I will say this: I will break my back, situate my schedule, call you back at 11 p.m.or meet you at your house to keep you happy. Whatever the customer wants, I deliver. I pride myself on giving the up most best customer service around and I will say, it aint easy. I can also say that if you call or e-mail me...your getting a response in less than 15 minutes or else! It's just my rule. Rose at ICU was great! She got right back to me and let me know what the deal was on the products and what they had to offer. When I got the photo of the sunglasses I laughed but only because I knew I was talking to a girl after my own heart! Thanks Rose! You rock!

Here I am with the new shades. (terrible picture)

For 2010, ICU eyewear is thrilled to provide new collections of the fun and fancy readers that you have come to know and love, with an added touch of sophistication and glamour. Innovative features and fresh new materials like sustainable bamboo, reclaimed plastic and recycled metal are integrated into our signature styles.
Reading glasses are one of the few accessories that you can own in every color, for every outfit, and every occasion. Whether you are seeking glamour-worthy rhinestones or chic sophistication, ICU Eyewear continues to provide you with updated, fashion-forward choices in reading eyewear.


When she asked me if I wanted to pick out some readers I thought "I don't wear glasses!" Then I took the on-line test and thought "well, you know what...maybe I do." It is so weird that I got contacted by Rose because just the other day when I was at work I thought "Darn...either I am gettin old or I need some glasses." Both.

Here is the pair that I picked!


(yet another bad pic)
The style is "retro". Who would have thought! I LOVED these on the site and I LOVE them even more on! These glasses are so cute! Thanks so much Rose! Your the best!


Please go to: www.icueyewear.com



They have so many glasses and sunglasses offered! I bet you cant just pick one!
-Heather