Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blue mountain


These are my thoughts exactly this morning. I made my first pot of Peets coffee this morning and I thought "why not make a strong pot?" I mean, really? So I did...

I got a coupon for 2 bucks off Peet's coffee and couldn't wait to have a cup. Alright, you know that I have several loves in my life and you should know by now...coffee is one of them. I have gone from one cup of hot green tea in the mornings to one cup of coffee, to one cup in the morning and now one cup after lunch. The habit is here to stay I am afraid. If drinking coffee is a bad thing. I'm bad...so be it! I chose the House Blend. It said "is a perfect introduction to Peet's coffees". So I went for it. I have to say, it was good! I remember the first time I had a cup of Peet's Best, it was in SF and it was COLD! I put some fresh nutmeg in it and man....it was good. My cup this morning wasn't as good as that cold morning there but it was darn good! After my cup of coffee and feeling somewhat human again I tried another product that came my way!



Better Than Roasted presents a line of soaked, sprouted and dehydrated, certified organic raw nuts and seeds, whole nut and seed butters, trail mixes, and love bites. Our Better Than Roasted process maximizes the bioavailability of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in our nuts and seeds. We begin with nuts and seeds that are raw, premium, whole, and certified organic. We then hand sort, soak, rinse, and dry them at a low temperature, not exceeding 108° F, which preserves temperature-sensitive enzymes and nutrients.
Raw & Vegan
Whole, Premium, Raw Nuts & Seeds
No Preservatives, Non-GMO
USDA Certified Organic
Certified Kosher
Sproutable Superfoods
Made to Order in Small Batches
A Peanut-Free and Soy-Free Facility

I decided to take this pack and make a powerful breakfast!




SERIOUSLY, this is my "git tha hell outta my way gym breakfast!" Sorry, but it's true....

1/2 quinoa (yes, try it instead of oats sometime, you will be glad that you did).

blueberries, blood orange, banana, kiwi (notice, I am not using a whole banana or orange, just a few slices. Don't be afraid of fruit (carbs) just dont over do it) and better than roasted nuts sprinkled in. Top it with some greek yogurt and your lookin at 350 cals, 25 grams of protein, 35 grams of carbs and 0 fat. DO IT.


This breakfast will stick with you for 5 hours if you needed it to. I swear quinoa is goooooood for breakfast. I even have brown rice as a breakfast cereal of sorts at times. When I cook the quinoa I add in a pack of stevia to sweeten it a bit. Agave is great with it as well.


Please go to their site and see all of there awesome products. I have tried the almond joy dessert (which blew me away) and now some of the best nuts I have ever tasted! I really really loved this variety and this company. Thanks so much for sending me a pack of them!


www.bluemountainorganics.com


Today is going to be a little different because I am actually doing something for myself besides kicking my butt in the gym....I am getting a hair cut. I have been putting this off WAY too long. What will I end up with? Who knows? I am just going to let the lady do what she wants. I am not picky and always have the idea "if I dont like it, it will grow back!" That is the right attitude I think. Cross your fingers though for me....I think it is going to be short. Yeah, I just may go all the way.


So here is a before picture just so you can see a very updated photo. This was taken on Saturday.

I had dinner with one of my best friends and made him take this photo. I gotta say...I look old! The hair is not going to fix that I know but maybe it will make me feel a little better. Have you ever seen a lady and from the back thought she was like 20 but then she turned around and was 40? Well....I am hoping this is not me...I think that it is getting that way though. NO E-MAILS PLEASE saying "no your not!!! blah blah blah". I am just sayin.
I will try and post a picture tomorrow (or even late tonight) of my new hairdo.
See you tomorrow!
-Heather