Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've gone crackers.



It is Tuesday and boy and I glad! I have to say, I am not a fan of Mondays and I doubt that is going to change anytime soon....

I just did a great post for today and then my computer just went blank...I lost everything that I had typed. Poop. So lets try this again (meanwhile I am punching the "save" button every 10 seconds!)

Somethings things that I wasn't able to tell you about on yesterday's post (it was long and I wanted to spare you from reading a book on a Monday) was that after I had returned from what was a stressful weekend I had a little push from a friend and ended up having a great night. I walked into the house, unloaded, showered and pondered whether or not I should attend a birthday party that a friend of mine was throwing for herself. I thought to myself "it's going to be a small gathering with good food and great girls, just go and try to not think about the stress in your life, you need a break). I did just that. I primped and pumped myself up for a good time. Hoped in the car and was at the party in less than 10 minutes.

When I arrived I was greeted by the girls that I didn't know and hugged by the ones that I did. The first thing that I noticed was the happy blue paint on the walls of the house. It immediately changed my mood. Then the aroma of homemade minestrone, crusty garlic bread and a salad to die for. It was the perfect comforting meal on such a drizzly cold night and after the weekend I had. Everyone was so sweet and wanted to know all about me. Karen was there so naturally, I was fine.


When I walked around the rooms to take it all in I then noticed little "stations" in corners and sections of the house. Liberty is just the most amazing person and for her birthday she wanted a girls sleep over with tons of things to occupy everyone. There was a love letter corner with gorgeous cards and a comfy pillow to lounge on. You were suppose to write yourself a love letter, seal and save it for a bad day to read. There was a vision board table complete with magazines, colored construction paper, glitter, markers and scissors. A "decorate your own cupcake station".

There was a tarot card reading area and the best "station" to me was a face painting section! Complete with bright paint, brushes and pallets. I painted two peoples faces and had a complete blast. There were more snacks, laughs and stories. Everyone was so open and the mood was light. One of the girls even led us in a fire place ritual. I have never done anything like this before so it was so fun to be involved in a "cleansing prayer". Just what I needed. It just goes to show you how amazing Liberty is. I felt as though it was my birthday! It was a sleepover but because I had to train in the morning I decided that I would go on home. I crawled into bed and thanked my lucky stars for the courage and strength to get out of the house and go to the party.

Something else that happened over the weekend was I tried a new product! The nice folks at Mary's Gone Crackers sent me on over some coupons for some of there products! I was excited to try out a gluten free cracker and see what all the buzz was about.

The only thing that I could find at the Co Op was the crackers. That was just fine by me....I put these babies to use! These were so healthy and low calorie too!
I love seeing the flax in them and the texture was super crunchy. I also noticed how filling these crackers were. They come in a variety of flavors but decided I would try the original first. I made these!
Pb MG crackers! These were almost too good. I wish that I had some almond milk though:)
I LOVED them! I was excited because my friend is actually gluten free so I though that appetizer would be a great idea when he came over for a glass of wine! A crisp delicious cracker with a rich nutty flavor. Wheat-free, Gluten-free and organic. Made of organic whole grain brown rice, organic quinoa (keen-wa: a high protein seed/grain), organic flax seeds and organic brown sesame seeds, with no added fat. Surprisingly satisfying on their own or with your favorite toppings. Always hold their crunch; unlike any other cracker you've ever had--they will soon become a staple in your cupboards. Simple but so awesome. I used the onion flavor with hummus, pesto, goat cheese with smoked salmon and a side salad! It was the perfect light snack to have with a nice red wine. He LOVED these as well. I wish that they had some of the other products at the CO OP. I am going to go to Earth Fare and see what they have to offer after work. If not I will get the caraway flavor and herb. I know that I can put them to good use.
Today's lunch utilized them as well. This wasn't all of my lunch but the best part ;)
A Mexican inspired Mary's Gone Crackers meal. This was my fave so far! It is the perfect dipping cracker. I give them a 8. That is great in my book. My gluten free friend says "10"!
If you are gluten free or just prefer to eat snacks that are gluten free or want a gluten free snack or even just want to try a new product. Go to their site or store to see what they have to offer.
They have more to offer than just crackers and I would say that if you don't normally get a treat like this because you have a gluten allergy, you will be in heaven. There are plenty in a box to keep you happy for a few days! These will be making more appearances for sure. Thank you Melissa for sending me some coupons!
There you have it ladies and gents! My Tuesday post (twice :p)
I am going go now but will be back tomorrow with more reviews and news from the wonderful life of, me!
tootles,
Heather