Thursday, November 12, 2009

Smiles! I am back.

Back at work and back on track! I had a, well active day off yesterday. I will admit...I spent the whole day exercising in some way. Walking, weight lifting and yogaing. I am one sore girl this morning. With that being said...I am taking today off, as far as exercise goes. I sure deserve it! I am excited though to report that I got two products finally in the mail! The first one that I will tell you about is Xagave.
Xagave is the Sweet, Satisfying and Sensible™ choice to sweeten your foods. The following outlines the key benefits of this wonderful sweetener. Sweeter than Sugar. Xagave is sweeter than sugar. In fact, it is 1.4 times sweeter than sugar so you use less to achieve the same level of sweetness.Saves Calories.Xagave can be used in all of your favorite recipes. Typically, you will substitute 1/2 cup for every cup of sugar called for. Thus, saving between 25 to 40% in carbohydrate calories. In addition, the inulin (a pre-biotic fiber) permits the reduction of fats in baked items which significantly reduces calories even further.Tastes Delicious.
Xagave is a great-tasting, natural sweetener. It is even being used by restaurants in beverages and sauces and is preferred over sugar. The neutral sweet taste does not impart any other flavors to your cooking unlike other nectars and it has even been teenage-tested in Kool-Aid, Zucchini Bread and numerous other recipes without detection or rejection. Finally a sugar substitute without strange aftertastes!Low Glycemic Index.
Xagave is a very low glycemic index food. It is approximately 30 on the glycemic index scale. Anything below 50 is considered to be in the low category, which is recommended for a healthy diet. This low glycemic index rating also make it diabetic friendly.Contains Inulin, a Prebiotic Fiber.Studies have shown Inulin, a prebiotic fiber, promotes the healthy function of your lower intestine. It has also been shown to promote regularity, boost the immune system, increase calcium absorption and increase bone density.More Satisfying and Great for Dieters.The combination of low GI and inulin make Xagave a very satisfying sweetener. Unlike sugar, honey or high fructose corn syrup, you'll find your blood sugar levels do not spike; thereby avoiding the highs and lows of sugar and corresponding cravings and over consumption associated with roller coaster blood sugar levels.Versatile and Easy to Cook With.
Xagave is highly soluble in hot or cold water, making it easy to work with in the kitchen. It is a wonderful sweetener for coffee, tea and cereal. It is also an amazing sweetener for cooking, canning and baking as evidenced by the highly-rated recipes in our cookbook "Delicious Meets Nutritious" for jams, cakes, breads, salad dressing, desserts, cookies and sauces. In addition, we provide on each bottle, our cookbook, and on our website a Sugar Exchange Table that shows how to use Xagave in any recipe -- it truly is the Complete Sugar Replacement™.Contains Calcium, Iron and other Vitamins and Minerals.
Xagave is a natural and organic certified product, derived from the agave plant. The nectar is processed, in order to prevent fermentation, at temperatures that do not exceed 117°F which is considered by most standards. It is not derived from an animal and is appropriate for a vegan diet. Due to its raw condition, Xagave retains its naturally occurring vitamins and minerals and has a particularly high concentration of calcium -- 17% of daily requirements in one (1) tablespoon.

Check out the nutritional facts!

I was so very excited to see this box come to my door step! I cant have artificial sweeteners and I have trouble with blood sugar crashes big time. I couldn't wait to try this product out. I LOVED that it came with a cook book! I LOVE trying new recipes and what better way than with a new product! This is the most extensive cookbook dedicated to cooking with agave on the market. This beautiful, full-color, 129-page, easy to use book contains everything from full meals to appetizers to desserts, sauces, salad dressings, quick breads, beverages and much more. In addition, it contains an extensive overview of the health benefits and cooking properties of agave. This is a must have, life changing cookbook for anyone that is desirous of lowering their caloric intake and improving their health. I was sold!
I decided that I wanted to put the Xagave to the test. A taste test that is!



I went a simple route. I decided that breakfast was the perfect meal to try it out. I had one cup of Oikos Greek Yogurt and poured the Xagave over the top and then added chopped Pecans and cinnamon. I have one word to sum this dish up.

DELICIOUS!

I also added it to my coffee and it made it 10x better than any splenda ever could! I cant wait to put this bottle to use over Thanksgiving. I have a feeling that it will be making a appearance in my cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie and sweet potato mash. I am a Xagave lover! Thank you so very much Robyn for sending this my way! You guys get a 10 in my book!



Please go to their site and check them out! You wont be sorry you did!


This is one of the best things that I have received in a LONG time!

So there you have it my peeps! A wonderful day in my neighborhood! I hope that you all are having a great day and hey, it's FRIDAY tomorrow so that should account for something!
See you all tomorrow with another review!
By the way I am entering a give-a-way to Enter to win an all expenses paid weekend trip for two to the amazing Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health!
Three ways to enter (choose one!):
1. Share a brief story about why you need to relax and say “Ohm.”
2. Share a recipe you create or tip using Oikos yogurt
3. Post a photo of you doing yoga in a toga (this one makes me giggle)
All entries (your post is your entry) must come from bloggers and include a link to the Oikos Facebook fan page and be emailed to oikos@360publicrelations.com by November 30, 2009. The winner will be selected at random and notified by 12/15/09.
PLEASE keep your fingers crossed for me...I need this!
-Heather