Friday, September 25, 2009

IT's FRIDAY!!!




Thank Goodness!!!
I am so ready for this weekend and I want more than anything for it to be 4:30 already!!! Today's post is going to have some great eats and a great review, Get ready for these products, they blew me away!

Here is their story:

We source the highest quality organic & wildcrafted, fair trade ingredients for all of our recipes.We use a unique 5 element food combining based on ancient techniques to balance our recipes with all 5 tastes and deliver amazing healthy products for your whole family. Our organic raw chocolate superfood line is packaged in the very first ever-printed package that is made with NatureFlex TM non-gmo, sustainably sourced, 100% biodegradable and compostable materials. We are the pioneers in the food industry to deliver our delicious superfood products in sustainable packaging. To read more about how we package our Raw Chocolate Superfood Line in Biodegradable & Comostable materials, click here.Our new Super Smoothie Mix line is packaged in dark amber glass jars to offer maximum freshness. We use eco-friendly labels to print the labels for the Super Smoothie Mixes.We are working towards creating individual one serving packets for all the Super Smoothie Mix flavors that will be made with the same biodegradable & compostable materials that we use for our Raw Chocolate Superfood Line.So it all began preparing for a long hike on the beautiful island of Kauai. We had very limited room in our packs and wanted to be as light as possible. So we mixed almost all of the ingredients that are in our original raw Chocolate Goji Treats together in a bag and brought out into the back-country as our food supply. We wanted to have the most potent organic superfoods ever in one mix that would provide all the nutrients vitamins minerals and antioxidants we need to keep us nourished, happy and energized for the hike. So there it was hiking out in the wilderness with a delicious raw balanced superfood mix and continued to trek along.Throughout the hike we encountered a few hikers that were quite malnourished as they had run out of their food supply and still had many miles to go. We offered them a small handful of our organic superfood mix and almost instantly they felt nourished and energized again to continue along on there hike.We later encountered them again and they immediately began to tell us how wonderful and energized they felt for many hours after we gave them just a small handful of our organic superfood mix, and asked if they could have some more. We then gave them more of the organic superfood mix and continued on our way. That’s when it was all clear. These foods are so powerful that just a tiny bit which appears to not be much at all in regards to substance, it was more than enough to re-energize those hikers we met that they couldn’t stop telling us how amazing it was and how much it helped them.So now the inspirations all started to come through, this is all wonderful!. So now how could we create a raw chocolate superfood truffle of this quality with all the same ingredients and package it in a sustainable way so that out on the trail you could just bury the package and know it will compost back to the earth leaving no trace. That way it would be full circle sustainable.That started off almost 2 years of research to search for suppliers of biodegradable non-gmo, sustain ably sourced, compostable materials. Through supporting small fair trade organic superfood and specialty ingredient farmers and packaging them sustain ably, we would be providing a truly sustainable organic product and lay a foundation for a new level of conducting business.We are very honored for the opportunity to provide you with Superfood Snacks Sustainable Organic Superfood Products.

I got three products from the Super Food folks and the first thing that I tried was the Gogi Berry energy balls! OH MY GAWD...They were good and not kidding about the energy part!


I also loved the cocoa balls as well. Both were the perfect pick me up and satisfied my sweet tooth! Now that is saying something!
I also got this!


I got this super green smoothie mix and WOW! I loved how smooth my smoothie came out. It did taste green but not too green for my taste. I t was perfect blended with some egg whites, banana, strawberries and unsweetened almond milk. This is going to be my breakfast of choice this weekend for sure. I love this stuff! I was surprised at the taste and how I felt afterward. David Wolfe wasn't kidding when he said. "Keep making the best super food snacks ever." I really feel that way too. I think that this company really really has a great thing going on for them. I give them and their products a 10!!
PLEASE go and check them out for yourself....you wont be sorry you did!!!
Thanks so very much for introducing me to these products I am hooked!!!
On to breakfast eats!
What better way to start off Friday than with some banana, pb2 and dark chocolate chips in your oat bran....I cant think of a better way to start the day! I am in love with this bowl this morning! Oh so good.

I am going to do some interval training on my hour long lunch break and then I am going to come back to the office and chow down on this! Steamed veggies and chicken. Simple but totally will do the job as far as hunger goes for me today. This is what my dinners have been looking like but I decided that since I am going out to dinner tonight that I will be having this baby for lunch.
It will hold me over for the rest of the day.
After lunch I will return some phone calls, reply to e-mails run some errands and then hopefully I will look at the clock and say "Wow! This day went by fast! It's 5:00 already!" Lets hope anyway!
So there you have it...My review and my food. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! See you Monday!
-Heather