Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WINE WED!

I want to do a review this morning and I declare today wine Wednesday! I went home last night and opened a bottle of Fair Hills white wine and I must say...I was so blown away. First of all I am not a fan of white wine, unless it is a sparkling white wine. I can honestly say that I see white wine in a different light now. I just may be a fan now! I got three different bottles of wine from the nice folks at:

http://www.organicwinetradecompany.com


This one was my last one to try sadly. I have to say. I really wanted to try each wine when it would be enjoyed and paired with the right foods to really give me the true experience the lovely wine deserved. So far all three wines were just perfect. Last night I decided that I would open it up for myself only. No I didn't drink the whole bottle, you better believe that I am going to savor this wine and sip slowly! Let me tell you a bit about it first!
This is the back of the bottle!

Fairhills is the world’s most well-known fair trade brand being sourced from three fair trade wine countries of origin, Argentina, Chile, and South Africa. The Fairhills initiative benefits over 1300 beneficiaries in the three different countries and focuses on improving the living and social conditions of these producers.
Fairhills Chardonnay benefits the local farmers of Du Toitskloof in the Breede River Valley Region and Du Toitskloof Winery of South Africa. The Fair Trade initiative is dedicated to twenty-two farms and fourteen members to improve the quality of life for over 1,000 community members, including 210 children. The initiative has opened three daycare facilities, built a sports club and a community center with a library, as well as provided adult training and education, and plans on buying their own land that the community will manage.
The Fairhills initiative has created a very successful and financially sustainable brand that benefits the environment and the communities in the underdeveloped regions of South Africa, Argentina and Chile. “To my knowledge, the Fairhills project is one of the largest and most successful Fairtrade projects in the world. In my experience it certainly ranks as one of the largest and highest impact Fairtrade projects in Africa and Argentina and definitely the largest in wine. The project is a model example of what Fairtrade can achieve,” according to Flo-Cert.
Fairhills Chardonnay pairs well with shellfish, chicken or simply on its own.
Tasting Notes
Fairhills Chardonnay offers bright citrus tones on the nose and sophisticated hints of vanilla and subtle oak. Perfectly balanced, offering crisp acidity and lively stone fruit characters.
Vineyards
Fairhills Chardonnay is produced with handpicked Fair Trade Certified™ grapes sourced from the heart of South Africa on the Western Cape. The grapes are grown on vines 10+ years in age in a soil composed of Hutton and clay. The region has both coastal and mountain influences and soil in this area is a mix of sandstone and granite with marl, making for an ideal terroir. The climate is cold winters and very hot summers, but the altitude creates a moderate climate.

I paired this wine with veggies with a cool cucumber dip and some sharp Cheddar with fancy crackers. A simple paring but I felt that it went perfectly!

I basically had wine, cheese, crackers and veggies for dinner. Not bad! I LOVED this wine and I LOVE this companies even more. They are the best! Thanks so very much for allowing me to experience three of your fantastic wines. Not one sip was unnoticed. You get two thumbs up from me and 100% love! Please go visit their site. They have so many wines that you are sure to find one that you will adore.


This morning started off right yet again and with my love....Oat bran!
Woah...This picture makes me want to just jump in there and swim around in the bran goodness! I am so proud of this. Blackberries, cinnamon, salba, almond milk, egg whites and stevia is in the mix this morning. You betta believe that I popped this baby in the microwave to make the berries explode, so that I could get more sweetness in the mix. Oh, so goooood!


Lunch is going to be a grilled chicken salad with fresh tomatoes that a wonderful co worker brought in. Thanks Shelly! I love the how pretty and bright this dish is! I mixed in the fresh tomatoes with the chicken and added spinach. A small piece of whole wheat bread accompanied this wonderful summer lunch. Yum! I am going to be snacking for sure on some raw veggies today as I have left overs and will be eating another chopped chicken breast as well for dinner. See you tomorrow !
Check ourt this give-a-way!