Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday is the new Monday...


So, this morning I am back at work and back running around like crazy!!! I am glad to have a job though and one that keeps me busy. My days seem to go faster and faster. I am sorry if I sound like a old person but where has summer gone??? I cant believe that it is already August, almost! I mean where has it all gone? This morning I woke up about 2 minutes before my alarm went off. I love it when that happens. I got outta bed and the first thing that I noticed was that my knee appears to be almost better! I swam yesterday and have ran a bit the last few days and I have to say....I think that I am the only person in gym that had a a HUGE smile on my face while running on the treadmill. I DO NOT take this for granted and I doubt that I ever will. I am only running for 5 minutes at a time but I do have to say, this makes me happier than ever! I mean, just to sweat makes me so happy. I have been out of commission for a few months (almost 4 to be exact) and I really thought that I would have a bum knee for ever. I am healing and it is getting better every day. I swear I will take as good care of myself as possible once I am really up and running again.

So in celebration this morning I went for it....This mornings oats (and I was dreaming of them over this past weekend!) was oat bran, blueberries, PB2, banana, strawberry jam and half a nanner. The special ingredient of the day was SALBA!!!



First of all, I had never heard of salba before testing out these products. When a rep from Salba Smart contacted me, I thought, "Huh?" That's about it.Then I got a nice box of Salba Smart food: Salsas, Chips, and Pretzels (as well as a couple of tiny bags of the salba seed.) I looked into salba a bit more, tried the products, and felt enlightened by what I learned. Here's the scoop on salba:
It is a nutrient-packed grain grown only in Peru
It is the richest whole food source of Omega-3 fatty acids and fiber found in nature (which we know is good for your heart and your whole body!)
Ounce per ounce, it gives 3x the iron in spinach, 15x more magnesium than broccoli, and 6x more calcium than whole milk (and I hate drinking milk.)So what does it taste like? Well, since Salba Smart products have the salba seed mixed right in, you really don't "taste" the salba... The salsa is a fresh-tasting and delicious recipe with a hint of a nutty flavor (probably from the salba.) It's especially yummy paired with the Salba Smart chips they sent (which are very crisp and also have a nice grain-nut flavor -- but not too "healthy" or overpowering.)All-in-all, these are a super snack! They balance flavor with the benefits of salba, and if you didn't know of a good way to sneak in a bit of extra nutrients into your diet, this is it! You will see later in the day....I tried the salsa and wow! That is all that I can say!

After breakfast I am going to work a bit more and then get in a 3.5 mile power walk with Shelly (my fave) and I will be energized a awake when I get back. What will I have for lunch you ask?A simple tuna salad. I went all out for dinners this week so I reverted back to the good Ole tuna salad for lunch. You cant loose! This is the lunch that I will be having. Later in the day I will munch on these gems! This week I went with Rainer instead of Bing cherries. So freakin good. I am eating my weight in fruit these days! These are sooooooo pretty too, I almost hate to eat them.


I will be going home to do a yoga video and then will be eating some much needed dinner. Tonight (and for the rest of the week it will be this! Tofu and shrimp stir fry. I tossed it with some garlic broccoli! Wow, this will be making another appearance for sure again. This is one of my favorite dinners in a while....I topped it off with something so very special! This organic salsa is amazing. You cant even tell that it has salba in it. Seriously, Smart Salba gets a 11 in my book. What great customer service they have! I love this company and will be hooked for sure after this. Get used to seeing salba in my diet and from Salba Smart because I got a bunch of products and will be reviewing them as I try them. Thank you so very much for sending me your amazing products! You guys rock! PLEASE go visit their site! http://www.salbasmart.com/




You will not be surprised. Here is some info straight from the site! Salba Smart's mission is market Salba Seed and to develop and market innovative food products rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids and nutrients that combine great taste and nutrition clinically proven to improve health. Salba Smart™ continues to bring new great tasting natural and organic products to market.
Salba Research – Salba Smart™ announces the addition of Dr. Vuksan and associates' research involving Salba and the benefits for Type 2 Diabetes to our website. Read it here.
Salba Gift BoxSalba Smart™ announces a new gift box including Salba Seed, Salba Smart Tortilla Chips, and Salba Smart Pretzels. Order one today!
Salba SeedSalba Smart™ announced the launch of Salba Seed.
Available in Premium Ground or Whole Grain.
Request Salba Seed at your local natural foods market or purchase one of our gift boxes.
All Natural TortillasSalba Smart™ announced the launch of all natural Wheat and Whole Wheat Tortillas as well as "Made With" Organic Pretzel Sticks and Pretzel Twists.
Available in 6”, 8”, 10” and 12” sizes our all natural Wheat and Whole Wheat Tortillas provide between 250mg and 900mg of Omega-3 essential fatty acids per tortilla.
Available in 7 oz. bags our 70% Organic Pretzel Sticks and Pretzel Twists provide 210mg of Omega-3 essential fatty acids per serving.
Organic Tortilla Chips – Salba Smart™ organic tortilla chips reach retail shelves in the US.
Visit our "Where to Buy" page for a list of retail stores currently stocking Salba Smart products.
Request Salba Smart products at your local Natural Foods Markets. Salba Smart products are available in all of the "Lower 48" states through Natural Food distributors. With all that being said as you can see there is one thing that this compant knows....SALBA! I am in LOVE!

After a long day at the office and some great eats I am ending it with something SWEET! I am lovin, melon.Juicy, sweet and the best thing to eat at night for desert in my opinion...I will be crawling into bed with a spoon and half of this lovely melon. Ahhhh, looks like my "Monday" is over. Luckily tomorrow is Wed which means I am half way done with the week. Yippee!

Have a great one!

-Heather