Monday, June 22, 2009

Why I do it to myself...I dont know!

I did it once again. I left Friday with a pile of work waiting for me Monday morning and I did somethings over the weekend which I shouldn't have in result causing me to be in pain! Ahh, Monday. It's not that I hate Monday, I just hate to leave the house Monday. This morning I woke up at 10 after 7:00 which meant no walk for me. It is just as well because I shouldn't be walking anyway. I am sore and in pain. My back is fine (well, not fine but not bad). My knee is what I want to focus on I am going to physical therapy today and that is when I am going to ask what I can do to get this healing process underway. I did the stair machine on Thursday of last week for 10 minutes and after that I have been in pain. I knocked into my knee several times over the weekend which caused it to bruise and be in worse shape. Isn't it funny when things like that happen. It seems that when you DONT want something to happen it does. Anyway, I am trying my very best to be positive and focus on the good that is going on in my life. So lets turn these thoughts around. The good is that I have physical therapy today and will be getting a ultra sound to see what the quad and knee looks like. That is exciting for me. I am going to allow myself more time to relax which means more Heather time! This is all much needed. I have also lost a bit more weight. Down this morning to 118.8. I think that it is because I am loosing muscle though. I know what it is that I need to do when I can get back at it so instead of trying to just maintain what I have I should just allow myself to heal completely and then go for it. It could be fun too. As long as I keep eating the way that I am I am in the clear I feel. There simply is nothing else that I can do anyway! So some highlights that happened over the weekend are! I mowed the grass!
Yes, I realize that mowing the grass is probably not the best thing to do for a injured back and knee but I had to do it. There is a huge festival going on next weekend so I will be too busy to do it then and the yard just couldn't wait until the weekend after that. The grass would be way too high and I would hate myself if I waited to do it then. I had to ask the nice neighbor to start the mower for me three different times! He was so nice to do it for me so that I wouldn't throw out my back. I baked him a dozen cookies. I tried several times to take them over to him but he wasn't home : (
I will try again tonight! Other things included, watching more Dr.Katz, making my first batch of ceviche, trying out Kundalini yoga for the first time, went to the pool and doing some much needed cleaning. All in all a fantastic weekend. I enjoyed myself in the air conditioned house! Karen went home Sunday morning for fathers day so I just did what I pleased during the day and enjoyed every last minute. Tonight Mary Ann from the gym will be coming over for smoothies and I cant wait to hang out with her. She is so fun! Ok back to today! This morning you better believe I was looking forward to my cup of joe and this:Another fantastic egg white sandwich with a few strawberries this held me over until lunch and I had this! French Meadow's Bakery has me sold. I am in love with the bagels and the bread. I am going to have to get me some more as soon as I run out! After breakfast I worked on e-mails and such and then my stomach started talking I had one of these til I could go to lunch. I went with the Schizandraberry and it was out of this world goooood! I love this product and this company. by the way they are so kind enough to be sending me the bottles that busted while being delivered! I cant wait to try the green lovin one. Looks so tasty. I have yet to find one that I dont like! Lunch was my homemade ceviche! Yum! I saw another blogger on here making some the other day with some freshly caught fish and I just had to make some for myself, using her recipe! I love this. I was a little afraid because it being completely raw and all but it came out fine and my belly thanked me for it too! I had a side of organic feild greens to go with this. This was a spicy version of hers. After lunch I needed to concur my sweet tooth and with what better than my love! Still on sale buy one get one free at my grocery store so I am sold! I bought enough to have one every day this week! Yay! Stoney Farms has a special place in my heart because they were the first company to send me a sample product. Thanks SF! After a long day at work and then physical therapy I went home to get ready for Mary Ann to come over. I was kinda stuck between her and I having dinner or smoothies. I chose smoothies. Not that I didn't want to cook but I want to cook her a fabulous dinner when she gets to her goal weight! I cant wait to measure her this week and see what the scale says too! She is a shrinking machine! Here is the smoothies that I am going to be making. This will be dinner for me so you know that I will be packing this full of goods! I put in.

Amazing Grass Meal (original), egg whites, acai powder, flax seeds, strawberries and blueberries! Yummy in our Tummies! I hope that she likes my version of a healthy shake. I know that she will as soon as the Acai hits her too! After she leaves I will watch the movie Milk! I rented it last night but was too tired to watch it. I plan on getting right into bed to relax and watch the movie. These will more than likely accompany me. Watermelon with chopped mint. How refreshing can you get? This is a great day as far as I am concern with food, work and hanging out. I hope that the rest of the week goes this well. I have a packed week so I am sure it will fly by! Stay tuned tomorrow because I will be having a review of a very special wine!
See ya!
-Heather