Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Middle of the week for me, HAHAHAAHA!


Good Morning! It is Tuesday my friends which means it is really hump day for me!!! Yep, gotta love that! So sorry that I haven't been able to track my food for you all but reviews are fun to read right? Well today you will be getting a full post, complete with my plate for the day and another review. I am so ready...Are you.
first the review, you know how I roll. I contacted a company by the name of Might Leaf. I am as you know a tea lover. I love hot tea, iced tea, tea infused treats and tea flavored mints! Hell Bells! Call me what you will but I don't think I could claim to be a southerner if I didn't like my tea! Anyway, sweet tea was not what I was set out to get this time. It was some lovely 1000 Days Red Jasmine and Organic Detox teas! That my friends is exactly what I got. Oh boy did I get it!
Annelies was kind enough to send me a little bit to try so that I could review it. I tried them both out as soon as I got it and just so you know I am sipping on some Detox tea as I type this ;p
Tea is gaining more popularity in the United States, even though it is the second most popular beverage after water in the world. The world of tea is wide and vast, but you can start here by learning about the basiscs of tea. Armed with knowledge about its history, the tea plant itself, how to brew, taste and cook with tea, you will be well on you way to becoming a tea expert and lover. We invite you to discover the magic of the mighty leaf and get infused!

Here is the Organic Detox Tea!



The cleansing properties of our Organic Detox Infusion herbal tea blend relaxes the nerves, organs and membranes as dandelion targets the liver, licorice root nurtures the heart and spleen, and burdock root purifies the blood. Peppermint promotes healthy digestion and aids in soothing indigestion. Red clover and hearty herbs add anti-inflammatory qualities, calm the stomach and reduce blood sugar levels. The blend is at once warming and delicately sweet.

I loved how the minty flavor stayed with me after I sipped. A truly great tea! Now the 1000 Days Jasmine was another story all together!

Thousand Days Red Jasmine flowering tea hails from the Fujian province in China, a hand-tied white tea flower infused with the petals of jasmine. A Chinese red blossom in the center denotes fortune as the delicate notes of white Chinese tea and jasmine linger on the palate.

I seriously didn't want to even drink this! It was so pretty that I just stared at it for the full five minutes that it sat there. I AMAZING tea. The best that I can honestly say that I have ever had. I was only able to try this tea once because I only got one sample but you guys have got to try flowering teas if you are a tea lover. A conversation piece for sure. I LOVE Mighty leaf and I know that you will too. This is a fantastic company. Please go check them out at:


You will thank me! Thanks Mighty Leaf for letting me try some of your awesome tea. I LOVED them more than you know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to my eats!

This morning is a good one for me because I FINALLY got a referral for my knee so that I can go to physical therapy and get this knee healed so that I can get on with my life!

I ate a few bites of this pure bar (chocolate brownie) and out the door I went. I know what you are thinking...chocolate in the morning? Well, sometimes I am just in the mood for that. So I got to physical therapy. They pushed, pulled, poked, iced and heated. After the torture was done I left for work. I got to work had my big ol' cup of joe and this baby!


This is about 5 egg whites (a lot I know) fresh tomato and basil from the garden and a slice of light life "turkey". Awesome in my opinion. I almost felt bad eating it. I have two more slices of bread left from Meadow" Bakery and that makes me so sad. This is when I go ahead and get the carby meal out of the way. I do it first thing so that it gives me energy to get through until lunch. By adding a little extra to breakfast I have been able to cut out another meal with is saving me about 130 cals. I am on a lower calorie diet these days because I am unable to work out but you can assure yourselves that once I am back at it the cals will be going up and I will be eating "normal" again. I am just desperately trying to get through this injury with no weight gain. I can barely handle becoming flabby much less a little fat. That is another post though. So the tapering effect is what I go for. It is also a good idea to do that anyway! I try not to have any carbs (bread and such, fruit is okay to me) after 4 p.m. I am going to walk today on my lunch break but instead I will be walking outside I think. It is so nice outside right now and I want to enjoy the weather if I can in a day where it is not 105 degrees! After the hour walk I will come back to the office and have this. This is a lemon "chicken" salad. The "chicken" tenders are from lightlife and it is amazing! Love these. Three tenders is a good portion and it fills me up. I added a ton of veggies and because the chicken had so much flavor I didn't even need to add any dressing (aka mustard or salsa!). I like...
After eating lunch about a hour later that sweet tooth came back and I wanted some of natures candy! I decided to dig into the best fruit salad of my life ! I seriously made the best fruit salad. I was at the grocery store and decided to go out on a limb...I got a melon by the name of Santa Clause. I know I know I know, Santa Clause??? It is DIVINE! It is a cross between a water melon and a cantaloupe. Thanks Kroger for going out on a limb as well and getting some interesting fruit this year! Here is my love! don't pay attention to the date. My camera is not set. I want to tell you what I put in this oh so Delicious fruit salad.

-Santa Clause melon

- 1 mango

-Strawberries

- 1 peach

-figs

Oh my!
It is so goood. In fact I dont remember a summer where I have been eating this much fruit. I think that I could even become a fruitarian (wont) if I wanted to for the summer. I am telling you I am eating my weight in the stuff. I am not sure as to what I will be having for dinner but I am sure that a salad and some more fruit will be in my future. I am trying to get rid of everything in my fridge for going to the beach this weekend. I am so siked! I will be going for another walk this evening if my knee allows. I hope that you all have a great day, I know that I am. I am trying my best to turn my thoughts to positive ones and think about the full picture. I am injured and cant do the things that I love but this too shall pass. I will heal, I will run, I will dance, I will be strong and fit again. Things like this happen to athletes. All that I can do is learn and grow from it. How is that for being positive!

See you all tomorrow! Two more days to go ; )
***by the way check out this awesome give-a-way...I want it!
-Heather