Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last day before V-a-c-a-t-i-o-n!!!

I want to start today's post with last nights dinner. I had a couple of reviews yesterday and I didn't want to over do it with posting all of my meals but you will be getting my meals and a review today! Yeah.





MY friend Jason picked me up at my house at 5:30 and took me to Harry Bissetts. A New Orleans style restaurant and we had these! Oysters! Why do oysters seem magical to me? I love them, we went to dinner on Saturday night before my show at Casa Mia (my fave restaurant here in Athens) where I had the ceviche (my absolute favorite) and a margarita. While we were eating he asked if I like oysters and I said "yes!". So he then said "well, we have got to go to Bissetts for oysters they are but one get one free from 5:00-7:00." So we made plans to have them last night and it was fantastic. I actually ate 2 of these plates myself! Yum. I had a drink to go along with it but didn't get a picture if it. I love raw foods, I don't know why but I do!


Today is the last day of work, exercise, blogging and the last day that I will be Georgia (for a week anyway)! I am going to San Francisco tomorrow morning and I cant wait, I am so ready to get outta here! I cant wait to relax and just get to know my sister even better. Do you have a family member that you would like to get to know better? I am setting out every year to pick one person in my family and get to know them a little better and on a deeper level. I think that it is important. I know that it is for me because I have a tiny family. It consists of like 8 people and I want to be able to say that I truly feel like i know who they are and what they are about. This year, it's Sonja. She and I are identical twins. We have been pushed up against each other our whole lives. Until She moved out in 99' we pretty much hated each other. It was hard living together, going to school together, having the same friends together and sharing just about everything else together. Once she moved out (funny that my younger sister (only by a minute!) moved out first). Once she left it was like a whole another person. We grew very close and in fact I decided to move where she did (Athens) to be even closer. Of course I would never live with her again but I do enjoy my time with her. After all we are the same!
This is a picture of my twin sister, Sonja!




I look even more like her now because of my new hair. She is a hair dresser (and a bartender). She just recently cut my hair and colored it just like what you see here in this picture. This is a picture below of me!




You guys don't get to see me often so here you go! My hair looks SO much better but at least you get the idea. This was taken in front of the shack I use to live in. You can read about it in later posts. Look at that stance! HA!
So this morning I had my oats and in fact I plan to have them even in SF! I have already packed my oats, wheat grass, chia, acai tablets and some meal to go bars. I am ready! This oaty goodness has all of my favorites!



Raspberries, granola, soy milk (light) cottage cheese, egg whites and chia! Now that will fill me up for a long time (3 hours usually before my next meal). I am also going to eat this guy!




There is two things that if a man wants to get to a girls heart he will buy....1: AVOCADO and 2: MANGO'S.



Period.

I am a mango freak in the summer and a pomegranate freak in the winter. Between these two fruits I would be just fine if I had no other options. I had to eat this mango this morning because it was perfectly ripe and I didn't want it to go to waste. I LOVE LOVE LOVE fresh mango. It makes my whole day better when I have one! I also had a shot of wheat grass (amazing grass's wheat grass as a matter a fact!) along with this fruit filled breakfast!


I am even taking wheat grass powder so that I can have a shot in the morning when I go on my trip as well. A wheat grass shot and my morning oat meal is a powerful duo!













After my e-mails, and getting settled into my day a bit I will go to the gym. Today is shoulders and some light abs and leg work. Then when I get back I will have this.

















I plan on really pushing it in the gym today so I am going to have a black sesame tofu stir fry and some brown rice to get me through the rest of the day. I am so happy to be eating brown rice again. I get sick of eating some things and I put them down. It is so fun to rediscover a food again! For dinner I am going raw again! Tuna it will be!

I got some great sushi grade tuna and will be pairing it with Squid and fresh ginger, this is SO good! I love wasabi too!


I don't know what my late night snack will be but something tells me that it could be a quick chia pudding. I am recording tonight and will also be packing and getting ready to get up at 6:00 A.M. to get in the car and get going. I have not figured out how I am getting home yet. I do need to get on that!

Ok, now to the goods! I have a review for you!!! Just one today! I am really happy to say this about what I got in the mail yesterday. It looked like a really thick letter (made me worry at first) but when I opened it it was this!




I have decided to branch out! I usually only review food but I decided that there are so many other wonderful products out there! I am venturing into the world of organic clothing and skin care products !I am proud to say....I love this pair of underware. I know that it may be a little weird reviewing underware but hey, we all wear em! This organic cotton pink bikini style panty is great. Light weight, great color and feels so nice. I am going to be ordering more for sure. This clothing line I am sure from Grentchen and Grace is great. They have everything from sports wear to underware. It is truly a great site! Thanks so much Darcy for not only sending me a great pair of underware but a coupon for free shipping on my next order! Darcy is so great she even is allowing my readers to get free shipping as well!!! All you have to do is type in the dicount code, the word "thanks" at checkout. This is so sweet of them! Offer expires 6/30/2009 so go to the site now!



Their website is:
www.GretchenandGrace.com

PLEASE look at the site, they will have something you like I am sure! You guys get 4 stars from me!!!



All in all a great Thursday so far. If I get to 2:00 p.m. I feel like I have made it. When I get off work it will be recording and packing. I plan on getting into bed quite early. I have told Beth that I have got to be on the road by 7:30. My plan for in the morning is:
6:30-wake, shower, dress
7:00-smoothie time and put into freezer to chill
7:15-go over check list and put bags into car
7:30-talk and get excited about being on a plan in a few hours. Dreaming of the orange juice and vodka drink I plan to have while chatting with my sis.
I hope that my roommates wont miss me too much. I do plan on doing one very important thing when I get back and that is watch the movie Sex and the City. YOu are correct. I am FINISHED with all the seasons. I am now ready for the movie. However, Karen would absolutely kill me if I saw it without her. At least I have something to look forward to when I get back. That and working out again. God, I cant wait to sweat!!!!!! I mean I have never wanted to do cardio so bad in my life. A walk may happen for me but may not. I dont want to push it.

Well until then....
Peace!
I will have some great pictures when I get back!
-Heather :)