Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Carrot Dog

I know that we all have had hot dogs growing up. I paired a couple of my favorite things and came up with a awesome alternative. This tastes nothing like a hot dog BUT it is a great lunch and tastes great. Trust me on this one. This kid friendly option is something I wish I saw more often. This is a raw version but if I were to make it for a kid I would steam it a little so that it was softer. Something about this chewy but crunchy combo just rocks! All it is is a sprouted bun, spinach, two carrots and two table spoons of almond butter. Carrots and almond butter is one of my favorite combos and I have to say, almond butter and peanut butter tastes great on just about anything. Try this out and tell me what you think. If you dont want to go for the whole carrot dog right off the bat, then at very least dip a carrot into peanut butter or almond butter. I promise you will be surprised and will be making one of these in no time. This meal has two veggies, good fat and lots of protein. A perfect meal after your workout if I do say so myself!

Enjoy!
-Heather