Wednesday, June 19, 2013

curried fig chicken salad








I bet you didn’t think that I was going to be coming back eh? Well I did and with my chicken salad recipe! Your going to LOVE this one and let me tell you, it is good on a salad, on bread or even as a soup topper. It’s the bomb! I made this with ingredients that I had lying around the house. Nothing special (except maybe the turmeric but you don’t have to use it!). I almost always have baked chicken on hand and that is just what I used!

I took three boneless skinless chicken breast and baked it for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. After I placed it in my cooking dish (before cooking) I sprinkled the chicken with curry and tumeric. Don’t be afraid of the curry powder, I like a lot! After I baked the chicken I let it cool and then I chopped it up into bite size pieces.





Then I got a bowl and in went the chopped chicken, one large tomato, ½ red onion, 2 garlic cloves minced, 2 stalks of celery, 1 red bell pepper. Then I mashed a avocado with ½ a lime in a small bowl. This was thinned out with a little almond milk and added to the ingredients to make a mock mayo of sorts. After that I took 10 Turkish figs and chopped them up and added it to the mixture. I mixed and mixed then added some freshly ground pepper and sea salt. This my friends is what I like to call. Heaven!


















See, it is the perfect salad toper or sandwich stuffer. Try it out and let me know what you think!




-Heather