Wednesday, April 6, 2011

SPIbelt

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!!! I got a really cool package in the mail a few days ago. When I tried it out I couldn't wait to share this neat product with you! I have seen this item on the market over the last year or so and read countless articles and adds in magazines (runner's world and others) about this handy sports accessory . What am I talking about?!?! The SPIbelt! Let me introduce to you, The story of the creation of the Original SPIbelt from Kim Overton herself: Hello! I'm Kim Overton, the creator of the Original SPIbelt. People ask me all the time, "how did you come up with this?" I was out on a run one fall day and I had my key tucked into my sports top. This was the most frustrating thing, and I thought, "there's gotta be a better way!". (Donny Deutsch loves that line, and invited me to his show February 2008, please watch the video). That exact day I went home and sewed the first ever SPIbelt. I filed a patent February 2007, and started the "small personal item belt" business. I sewed the first several hundred by hand, hired local help continue the process.My background stems from business and fitness. I've always been an entrepreneur, running several ventures as a child, at the same time I was a competitive gymnast most of my young life through high-school. I moved to NYC in 1992, and co-founded and operated a back-end technology company in NYC from 1997 - 2001. In 2001, I launched the interactive department in the NYC advertising agency, The Lord Group. Witnessing the events of 9/11, I decided to take on a career that made a difference and became a personal trainer at Equinox in NYC. I fell deeply in love with helping improve the lives of others, and hold that value close to heart with each product we produce at SPIbelt. Don't be fooled by imitators - just look for the SPIbelt label inside the belt for authenticity. Well after going to the website and seeing these coll Spibelts myself I just had to have one. I contacted Kim to see if I could review it myself! I was so excited to hear back so quickly that she was willing to send me one of my choice! There have been so many times that I am on the road either walking or running and the thought "I hope it doesnt rain!" pops into my head. If I am lucky and think about it I will bring a plastic bag with me to be safe but so many times I forget. I asked for the water resistant one and I was glad that I did! The very first time I wore my SPIbelt, it rained while I was jogging! I was excited to put this baby to the test! Here is some info of the cool belt that I got first! Light Weight and lean, yet protective. Using our same sweat proof material as our specialty armband, this belt makes a great companion for you heavy sweat types, or those who like to play hard!Fits Waist 24" - 40+"Larger sizes available upon request via Order Options on the checkout page. This one runs $21.95 but you can get them as low as 19.95 on the site with FREE SHIPPING if you act now! Use ship08 at checkout for free UPS shipping! Now that's a deal! I LOVED this belt! It really has made my life much easier and was amazed at just how much the little pouch could hold! I also loved how the belt was almost not noticable while wearing it. It lays flat and does not, let me repeat, does not look like a fannie pack. It's completely water resistant and I couldn't be happier with this product! I give SPIbelt a 10! See for yourself and go to the site! www.spibelt.com Sleek, expandable, secure and does not bounce. Can hold an I-pod, Blackberry, cell, keys, up to five GU™ packs, and other small personal items. The SPIbelt does not bounce, ride or shift while running or doing other activities.The SPIbelt is great for athletic events, traveling, carrying diabetic supplies, and much more! Let me know if you already own one or buy one! I want to hear what you think! See you soon! -Heather