Monday, August 16, 2010

Donuts and pools.

I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was filled with rain, relaxing and cooking! What better way to spend a weekend. I tell you what, I must have really needed a rest because I could have slept the whole weekend if I didn't have anything planned. I did make another wonderful batch of quinoa muffins and I also made some homemade raw donut wholes. If you remember Friday's post I received some raw donut holes from Pure Market express and well....I was addicted after the second one I ate. I had withdraws all weekend long and on Sunday I decided enough was enough! I made my version of the sweet treat and even though they are not as good, they will do. Wanna see my beauties?



Raw Coconut Date Truffles
Yields approx. 8
1 cup raw pecans3/4 cup (3.5 oz) sticky raisins (soak them to soften, if necessary)1/2 cup (3 oz) soft medjool dates, pitted4 T (1 oz) raw shredded coconut1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Toss all ingredients into your food processor, and pulse until everything is incorporated. If you like little chunks left, make sure not to over-process. Roll into balls, place on a baking sheet, and stick in the freezer. Enjoy!

Yes, it is that easy and the great thing about these is that you can mix in whatever you pretty much want. I have a feeling that these little "do nuts" wont be around for long. :)

After cooking up a storm it was pool time for me! I was so very glad to get in a pool this weekend....even if it was raining. Yes, I went to the pool and it was poring. A girl has got to do what a girl has to do! Ever swam in the rain (of course I wouldn't if there was thunder or lightning). You should never get in a pool, river or pond for that matter if there is a storm or one brewing! ;)

I hate that this post is so short but I did at least give you a bangin recipe! Have no fears, I will be back and with REVIEWS! Yay!

Have a great day, go ahead, I dare you!
-Heather