Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Transitioning to a raw lifestyle made easier.

Transition Nutrition Inc. was Founded in 1987 on the advice and principles of a Great Master Saint, who recommended organic raw foods, sustainable agriculture, and the practice of meditation to feed the soul the company's founder, David Kaplan, at a very young age had to learn the hard way after a nearly fatal gun shot wound and a near death experience. It became obvious to him that chemicals and dead foods were not the answer to healing his critical chest infection and rapidly deteriorating condition. By God's grace and a little help from his friends a Raw Food diet was recommended and soon turned his condition around."If we eat living food we add to our living energy. Life from Life, Energy from nergy!" Saint Thakar Singh

In 1990, the company went dormant so that David could have time to meditate and develop two sustainable organic farms. In 2004, the company re-emerged to help educate Westerners about the benefits of Royal Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt. By using this pristine salt from the Himalayan mountains along with quality water, many noticeable health benefits are being recognized by people all over the world. Transition Nutrition believes in the possibility of a paradigm shift away from eating dead foods and the self-perpetuating death system of drugs and disease and moving onto the path of life that raises one's health, energy, and awareness while creating peace and harmony on earth. This is the reason why Transition Nutrition offers a raw, organic, innovative, natural, healthy, and eco-friendly product line Divine Organics.
With over 33 years as a raw food practitioner and consultant, David and his company now imports and distributes the finest in raw ingredients from around the world, including Gojiberries, Cashews, Almonds, Macadamia nuts, Coconut Oil, Irish Moss, Tahitian Vanilla Beans, Olives, Durian, the finest raw organic Cacao and much more.
Your body will smile, your spirit will soar, and your consciousness will expand from the quality of these Super Foods!
They are certified USDA organic. They are also certified Kosher and a certified Green Business. They are grateful that they can share products to hundreds of stores all around the country, chefs, restaurants and cafes.

I was overwhelmed to get the sweetest reply saying "Do you eat durian, nuts, berries, coconut oil & chocolate?" Ummmmm, HELLS YES I DO!

That is what I wanted to say but of course I said "Yes!" I have never had durian (only stuck my hand in one and smelled it when I worked at EarthFare. I asked if instead of coconut oil (I literally have 5 jars at my house right now) I could get some Macca Powder and Gogi Berries and to my surprise....They sent it right to me! I was elated when I opened the package!


First up! Sun dried wild-crafted Malaysian Mountain Durian. Grown without artificial fertilizers or chemicals.Durian is a good source of Vitamin C, B, Manganese, Copper, protein and healthy fats, also rich in Tryptophan for balanced Serotonin levels.





Maca is a root vegetable, cultivated for thousands of years in Peru, used as a tonic for stamina, fertility and libido. modern research has shown that Maca can alleviate symptoms of stress, fatigue, menopause, PMS, depression and lack of libido. Why didn't I try this earlier in life??? I couldn't believe the amount of energy I got from this powder when I made a smoothie this morning!







PLEASE go to their site....



www.royalhimalayan.com


On to the other fantastic things I got. I got some raw creamy cashews (you know how I feel about cashews...) Thier creamy cashews are carefully processed to maintain their natural raw state during the shelling process. They are naturally sweet! Great for raw food preparations, baking, cooking and snacking. Cashews are high in B vitamins, Folate, Magnesium, Manganese, Iron, Phosphorus, Selenium, Copper and Potassium. They have less fat than other nuts and 75% fo the un-saturated fatty acid content is oleic acid, the same heart-healthy fat found in Olive Oil. Love. At. First. Bite.



I got to Earth Fare almost every day and almost every day I buy some raw cashews. Just enough for my one serving. The guy at the cash register always laughs at me...Mineral water and cashews today??? I just look at him and think "What the heck do you think??!?? I am in here every single day and I get the same things day in and day out...." You see....I cant be trusted...With cashews that is. Raw unsalted cashews are like little jewels to me (hey, it doesn't take a lot to make me happy...what can I say?). However if I am left with a pound of them...forget about it. Remember the OH Nuts! Situation. Yeah, lets not go back there. Anyway, these were awesome! I loved them.





I also got some Gogi Berries! I love Gogi Berries but rarely buy them. They cost a arm and a leg! I did however make some dark chocolate covered gogi berried over the winter and they were to die for. These were perfect on top of my smoothie! they are an ocean of energy, loaded with antioxidants and high beneficial vitamins, minerals and amino acids. A small handful of berries a day can helping rebuild natural defenses, improve DNA restoration, cell growth and slow down the aging process. Hey, I will take every bit I can get ;)






Raw soaked buckwheat and gogi berries on top the most refreshing strawberry smoothie. Earth Fare had strawberries for 1.66 this week! Get ready for the smoothie concoctions to come back my friends! It is almost time....I am so glad to be able to make my smoothie again and the best part...No roommates looking at me like I am crazy! HAHAHAHAHA! I can have chia seeds, spinach, maca powder, cocoa nibs, amazing grass, egg whites, coconut water AND Greek yogurt smoothie deliciousness all day everyday if I want! As if I didn't before...Thanks to my mom, I have a blender and it was just waiting for the above smoothie to be made. In the mix (this time).
Strawberry Smoothie, With A Chew
8 frozen strawberries
8 oz of pineapple coconut water
2 scoops greek yogurt plain
1 table spoon acai powder
1 table spoon chia seed
1 tablespoon organic agave
topped with 1/2 cup of chewy buckwheat and raw gogi berries

It was awesome and yes, I wanted another. Which will pretty much continue until September. Truth.

Ok, so there you have it. An amazing company with amazing products! I love em! Thanks so much to David for sending me these goodies my way...I am hooked now, you were right!

See you soon!
-Heather