Saturday, January 30, 2010

How I love thee.


It's the weekend! Whooo Hooo! You and I made it! You may be reading this on Monday though. If so...Bleh. Ha!

Ok, so something spectacular happened to me! Well, let's be honest. I have a lot of spectacular things happen to me. Seriously though, I really am happy about this!

Ok ladies... You know how you get sick of the same ol perfume? I always want a "spring" scent when it warms up and want a warm spicy scent when it cools down. Just the other day I thought to myself. "I am tired of the Wish perfume that I wear, I want something different." I really wanted something happy and light for after February. Something to almost greet the new season. I know that I may sound as if I getting a little deep about perfume and I mean, does it really matter? YES!!! It does. I could be blindfolded and pick out who walks in the room. My best friend has a destinked smell. Boyfriends, co worker and family all have a smell tied to them. I am a weirdo I guess but I swear every time I smell the perfume Beautiful I think about my grandmother. I use to work right next to the fragrance department for 5 years so I can almost always pick pick out someones perfume if they are wearing some. I have a list of my favorites for each season. I usually have one for Spring/Summer and one for Fall/Winter. Shall I break down the list for ya? Ok, I wont go all the way back. But I will go as far back as 5 years ago. There are a few that I just keep coming back to and some I never want to smell again. Here is the breakdown. Can. you. say. obsessive. compulsive. disorder?

2005- Spring/Summer- Chanel, Chance
Fall/Winter- Gucci, Rush

2006-Spring/Summer-Chanel, Allure
Fall/Winter-Dior, Addict

2007-Spring/Summer-Chanel,Coco Mademoiselle (OMG fantastic!)
Fall/Winter-Givenchy, Very Irresistible

2008- Spring/Summer-Dior, J’Adore
Winter/Fall-Went back to Dior Addict

2009- Spring/Summer- Lollia, Believe
Fall/Winter- Lollia, Wish

As you can tell, I love Chanel and Dior perfumes. I cant believe I remember exactly what I have been wearing for the past 5 years! Don't worry, there is a purpose for me telling you all of this!

I HAVE FOUND THE PERFECT SPRING/SUMMER SCENT FOR 2010!!!

Yay! I got samples from Mistral the other day and my oh my....I fell in love with, well actually a few of them but one inparticular had me at first sniff. Come with me to the most amazing company for soaps and perfumes. How in the world have I gone this long without finding them!

Drum roll please for my new scent of the season...


Wild Blackberry is a complex fruit medley of four unique, yet equally exquisite berries. Essences of sweet grenadine, lemon and orange swirl around a green heart of crushed violet leaves while vanilla and musk carry this scent to perfect fruition. This is the most amazing scent for a light happy spring feel. I tried it out first (I had heard all the hoopla about it and wanted to see what the fuss was all about). I have to say, I really did say the words "Oh, My!" when I opened the sample.
I didn't just get this sample in the mail. I got several of their scents! I also got some little soaps to try as well. Let me tell you a bit about them first and then we will get into the products! During winter and spring the Mistral wind sweeps down from the Alps across the storied landscape of Provence, leaving behind luminous, deep blue skies. Our collection of exquisitely scented bath, body and home products takes its name from this legendary wind whose fragrant course is shaped by the mountains, rivers and plants of the region.
The Mistral wind moves over the entire Rhone valley, creating seasonal changes and spectacular climatic swings. It has a profound effect on the terrain by rejuvenating the soil, creating lush planting conditions and giving birth to fields of herbs and flowers.
By evoking the powerful spirit of the Mistral wind, we invite you to experience the scents and colors of Provence as part of your daily bath and beauty moments.
In 1993, Matthew Tilker, Mistral’s founder and president was studying alternative cancer therapies in Europe on a Thomas J. Watson Fellowship. During a stay in Provence, France, Matthew met a seventy year old master soap maker who, in a family factory, still crafted soaps according to a three hundred year old traditional triple milling process, always using the finest natural ingredients. The soap maker’s artistry, love of his craft, and extraordinary knowledge and experience in soap making, left a lasting impression on Matthew. After completing his studies and returning home to California, Matthew imported soaps directly from Provence and sold them at his mother’s home during the 1994 holiday season. It was the beginning of Mistral; and his mother loves to remind him that the first Mistral store was actually located in “mom’s” house!
The soaps were so popular, that within months, Matthew opened the first Mistral boutique on a quaint street in his hometown of Solana Beach, California. Over the next several years he returned often to the South of France experimenting with different fragrances and unique formulas as he worked with the best perfumers in Grasse. Matthew's talent and passion for fragrance, as well as his background in natural healing, encouraged him to create and develop an extraordinary line of soap scents, which continues to be embraced wholeheartedly by Mistral customers. In 2001, a second Mistral boutique opened in Los Angeles.
Currently, the Mistral line offers customers thirty soap fragrances, as well as a full range of Mistral-scented personal care products. In addition to the Mistral store, customers can shop online at the mistralsoap website, the Mistral catalog, and at fine stores and boutiques in the US, Canada and internationally.
The true test of any personal care product is its power to transform you. At Mistral, we take our name from a wind which brings change and transformation throughout the region of Provence. Every product we create honors the very spirit of the legendary Mistral wind and informs our core philosophy of change. When you apply one of our nourishing body care products, bathe with our exquisite soaps, or inhale one of our signature fragrances, your skin will soften and beautify, your mood will brighten, and your spirit will be soothed. It is this journey, both sensory and experiential, that guides our research and product development team in their quest.
This could sound like a lofty goal for our products, however, with the fields and perfumers of Provence, we have the world’s most wonderfully unique selection of natural ingredients, knowledge, and talent as our laboratory. From the lush fields of lavender, linden trees and sparkling summer sunflowers, we select pure steam-distilled oils, essences of flowers and fruits for their natural benefits, and use time-honored techniques refined and enhanced over the centuries. Every Mistral formulation blends the best of modern science with the age-old wisdom and traditions of the past.
At the heart of each Mistral product is a special fragrance crafted in Grasse, which is then formulated for each product. This transformative power and energy carried forth on the slightest breeze, comes to you as cream on your hand, a bubble in the bath, or a bar of soap, imparting an unmistakable aroma that infuses your spirit filling you with joy. When the regal scent of perfect gardenia smells exactly like the flower in morning dew, or the invigorating aroma of lemon verbena picked fresh and rubbed in one’s fingers reaches your nose evoking a noon garden, we know you will feel the transformative spirit of Mistral.


I got little 2 travel size soaps and they are perfect to pack with. The scents were not overwhelming and left my skin SUPER soft and I could smell it for hours after showering. Some of their signature scents are: They full size bars as well. I got Verbena and the Wild Blackberry scent.






Lychee Rose Collection (my second favorite!)

This is just a short list. This list comes in gift baskets,soaps, bath salts, candles and perfume and more! There are so many scents that I cant even list them all. I don't want to overwhelm you! Don't they sound goooooood though? I really am spoiled over here with all these babies!

They have candles with each scent, bath salts, soaps and fragrance. I am telling you...If you find a scent that you just love, you could have it all over the place. I would DIE for a candle! I just might have to make it a early Valentines day gift for myself. I LOVE this company.

They sure sent me some samples at just the right time, I tell ya.I wish that I would have gotten more of a variety so that I could really let you guys in on the scents that they offer but you cant have it all I guess! With Valentines Day coming up dudes, this is a no brainer. You could literally go on the site and pick one that sounds good to you and be a winner.


Go there NOW!!!!





You will be sure to find something you fall in love with. When I contacted them they got right back to me. I even called to see how the customer service was and the nicest girl talked with me. She told me all about the company and how great it was. I love good customer service and Mistral has it for sure.

I give them a 10 and must say, thanks a lot for getting me hooked on this stuff. I am now going to be saving up for a full size bottle of the Wild Blackberry Perfume and will be counting my pennies to get it! Seriously, thank you Richard for sending me these little guys my way. I really appreciate it!

Hope you all are smelling good today and if you aren't, you betta go visit Mistral!

-Heather