Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fruit for a healthy you.



Hello, awesome readers!
I will say, out of nowhere I have been getting products and all kinds! I am pleased to get them of course! I just like to be really good about getting up a review in a timely manner. I am anal like that :)

Us Virgo's run a tight ship, if you know what I mean. With this being said. I have been eating like a freak! Making my friends and co workers try out things as well to help me out. I will say, so far so good. I haven't gotten anything recently that I didn't like. I got a small package from Traverse Bay Farms on Wednesday and was happy to see three things that I know for sure I could put to use. Peach Salsa (one of my fav's), Cherry Salsa and Tart Cherry Joint Formula supplement (I can REALLY use this). I knew just what to do when I got it!

SALSA PARTY!







Ok, not that kind of Salsa!!!


This kind!



Here is what the variety looks like!

They sent me two kinds of salsa and I made two things with each! I used the peach salsa for the amazing nachos (1st PLACE - 2008) and I used the cherry salsa for another dinner over the weekend. Just look at it! MMMMMMMM.


I am not going to toot my own horn...Ok, yes I will ;)


I am a amazing cook darnit and I will say I think of ways to cut calories like no body's business. If you want to slash some cals...USE SALSA. I use salsa instead of salad dressings (I like to add some siracha or hot sauce because salsa's are never hot enough for me). I use salsa for dipping raw veggies instead of ranch. I use salsa for marinades instead of sauces. I LOVE salsa and I am proud to say, I really liked this one. I used the salsa as the perfect topping for my baked chicken. You can just spoon it on top or you can actually pour it on top of the chicken for a built in flavorful dinner. Love. At. First. Bite.

I mean...look at this. Salsa (most of them) are around 10-30 cals. This is a GREAT substitute! Of course on my chicken and nachos (I shared those by the way) I used way more than 2 table spoons but still 100 cals of good for you salsa is way better than some chemical ridden ranch dressing. Just sayin.



Fruit and Gourmet Salsas: Traverse Bay Farms' Fat-Free Fruit and Gourmet Salsas are a mouth-watering combination of traditional tomato-based salsa and fresh tangy fruit, corn or black beans.. Our salsas are made in small batches with fresh fruits and vegetables. Each of our fruit salsas are "medium spicy", and we offer six distinct gourmet fruit flavors You will love the homemade gourmet salsa taste from Traverse Bay Farms! They offer a ton of organic products on their site!


The other product that they sent me I was VERY happy to see. I use join supplements but I just don't feel like they work well. I am a runner, dancer, walker and weight lifter. I need to take good care of my joints! I have only been taking this for a few days so I will have to give you a real update when I truly know what the verdict is. I don't lie on this blog, I either like it or don't! I am not sure yet. I think that with all the hoopla about it though it should be good! I can say that the other one that I was taking did absolutely nothing. I had no idea that cherry's was such a wonder fruit.





Equals the specific antioxidant benefits of 5+ glasses of cherry juice without the sugar!
Helps Maintain Healthy Joint Function*
Helps Supports a Healthy Cardiovascular System*
Less than 1 gram of sugar and carbohydrates per serving
Kosher, Gluten-Free and Vegan Friendly
Delivers the highest amount of tart cherry available (1200mg per 2 capsule serving)
Produced in an FDA registered facility that uses Good Manufacturing Process (GMP)


Any all natural product in my book is good! I am just glad that I can read every ingredient on the salsa and supplement. That is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I just told my mom the other day...."If you cant read it, you cant eat it!" An update on her is well over due but I am sorry to say that she is still not doing that well. I am trying to keep the blog as positive as possible but this is not just a happy go lucky blog "I love this, I love that!" I am real. I have a life, and things happen just like anyone else. It sure helps though when you get nice comments and you get nice things in the mail. I am serious...I don't know what I would do without the blog at times. It keeps me busy and honestly financially helps with my food. I love trying out new things and my clients and friends would rather me try it out and tell them about it instead of them wasting cash on a product that isn't good or doesn't work. Just call me "Ginny Pig Heather". Well, I like Ginny Heather better than the pig part ;)


I give Traverse Bay Farms two thumbs up! Thanks Andy for sending me some goodies!


This was pretty cool too!


have a number of free down loadable ebooks that would
be of interest to your readers.
Here is link to download them:
www.traversebayfarms.com/healthylivingconfirmation.htm


You gotta love a free ebook!


Go to their site and see all that they have to offer, you may be surprised!


Traverse Bay Farms; products are available in grocery, health food and gourmet food stores in 44 states across America. If you would like to purchase Traverse Bay Farms products from your local store Click Here.


Thanks again for putting a little salsa in my step! I hope you guys like the idea of using salsa instead of sauces, dressings and dips! Add extra veggies and make it as chuncky as you like! I PROMISE that next week will not be review after review. I like to tell you what is going on in my life and show you my eats WITH recipes! Thank you to all the company's that have been so sweet to me this last week. I really needed it and even though you may not know me I meant it from the bottom of my heart....you made my week.


See you Monday, bright and early with what went on during my weekend. I am teaching a two hour long work-shop on positive thinking and then active meditation with yoga thrown in! My first ever AND it is going to be held in my hometown. They desperately need something like this. My home town doesn't have a yoga studio or even side walks. No recycling bins and people stare at you when you ride a bike or run. How in the world did I ever come from there. I guess with a open mind, anything is possible. The best part....I am doing it for free!!! I hope to do a free monthly workshop for the folks in the "town of etiquette!" Any donations will be going to the Heart Association (since my mom is having heart related issues.) I hope you all have a relaxing weekend! Wait! It IS the weekend! Whew, I need to get on with it! See ya!


-Heather